Dec 10, 2015

12 Tags-Funkie Junkie Style # 11

Hello Everyone,
Onto the penultimate Tag for  the Funkie Junkie 12 days of Christmas Challenge.
and this week I have been inspired by texture and the palette; Teal and Brown always looks good.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YEYzVftCa6w/VmWUqEXW4iI/AAAAAAAAToE/Zw5i67lFvHs/s640/12Tags2015.11.1.jpg

This week Linda has applied a base of thick texture with minimum embellishments, the latter does not excite me as I love to embellish, having said this my Tags are only 31/2 ins in size so I am limited to how much I can attach to my Tags.
No snowflakes for me, but a Poinsettia Flower and not in the usual beautiful Red, I went with a softer combination of Teal and Gold.
Vellum has been ever so lightly painted in said colours then embossed to create the texture.

My Background has also been embossed using two diecuts.
 The word MERRY has been cut on the Cricut and painted in various colours, then wet embossed twice using Utee. 
Attached to a skewer so that it is sitting up off the Tag.

 Tag #11
You can click on the photos for close-up views
 You can get the full challenge details on the Tag #1 post.
The URL is  www.thefunkiejunkie.com.

Have a great week,
Smiles:)
Sue




5 comments:

Lynn Price said...

Gorgeous, Sue - I really love this series you've created! Wonderful take on Linda's original.....love the word especially i t looks like beautiful granite! xxx Lynn

Alison said...

Ooh...this is gorgeous!!! x

butterfly said...

What stunning shimmer on your poinsettia and I love the finish on the lettering - a fabulous take on number 11.
Alison xx

Lisa Minckler said...

SCRUMPTIOUS, Onion! The double UTEE glazed sentiment looks like puzzle pieces they are so fluffy and thick and fabulous. You're doing an incredible job nailing down your inspiration on these banner elements and I just love them all. Only one more to go and then I don't know when I'll see you craft you again. :( However, I know you're having fun over there and that's all that matters. :)
Big hugs to you and thank you for inspiring me before I start my 11th one.
Quirks

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Ohhh, this is sensational, Sue! I am drooling over the spectacular color combination. Your Merry has such an amazing color and texture Your poinsettia is so gorgeous I think this is my favorite now.

Hugs,
Linda