Nov 30, 2015

12 Tags-Funkie Junkie Style # 9

Hello Everyone,
I have always enjoyed making my own flowers, especially when I dabble into the shabby-chic genre, and for this weeks Tag #9 at the Funkie Junkie 12 days of Christmas Challenge   I had the opportunity.
The dominant White in Linda's Tag set my creative juices flowing big time, and I knew I was going to make a flower and it was going to be prominent.

Here is my flower made from white crinkly paper and organza.
Nine circles; three different sizes have been cut and the edges curled.
The Bg is G45 paper which I painted over then embossed words.
Although the flower is a great tactile element I added fine threads to create movement.
To complete the design I included a scroll which has been glittered, some bells and bling.

Tag #9

  You can click on the photos for close-up views
 You can get the full challenge details on the Tag #1 post.
The URL is  www.thefunkiejunkie.com.

Have a great week,
Smiles:)
Sue

6 comments:

JackieP Neal said...

Oh Sue! I just love this vintage looking tag!!
Glad to see you! xo

Lisa Minckler said...

Well of course! A prominent white flower is PERFECT for your banner element. I absolutely LOVE it. The detailed photographs have me over the moon at all your texture and tiny details. You definitely dissected this tag down to the last bit. It's gorgeous my friend!!!
Big hugs to you Onion,
Quirks

butterfly said...

This is so stunning, Sue - your flower is to die for. I'd been hoping to play along again this year, but it's slipping away from me now... just too busy - which is also why I've been so bad with the visiting... bah - who wants to work anyway?!
Alison xx

Team Clark said...

This looks great, that cool flower really steals the show!

Elizabeth said...

A fabric flower with a Santa center? Winner! Serious love happening here!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Handmade flowers are my absolute favorite and yours is fabulous - the Santa center is brilliant! Love the glittery gold layer against the black too. Another wonderful piece for your banner!

Hugs,
Linda