Nov 23, 2015

12 Tags-Funkie Junkie Style # 8

Hello Everyone.

  Tag #8 for The Funkie Junkie 12 days of Christmas challenge.

 Linda's Tag; my eye loved the three flags and the Bow. 
 This time my inspiration took me in a different direction than I planned, if you leave your mind open a design will eventuate, this is where it took me.


     I am continuing with the Gold glitter and G45 Christmas paper for my Bg's. I did add some washi tape also.
My next 2  layers are die cuts from spellbinders, the top one has some stamping of a Holly flourish.
The bells were stamped and wet embossed before colour applied; using copic markers.
Then they were fussy cut and attached with 3d foam tape to pop them up.
The embellishments are diecut festive greenery, a little heart shaped button and bling, I then finished them off by attaching the ribbon with some twine.  
The words have also been stamped and finished off the same way, I wanted to add dimension so layered each letter, then tied some Gold thread haphazardly around for some texture and to give the idea that they are fixed and not floating at the bottom.
  You can click on the photos for close-up views
 You can get the full challenge details on the Tag #1 post.
The URL is  www.thefunkiejunkie.com.

Have a great week,
Smiles:)
Sue

4 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Silly me...I was trying to figure out the significance of the "j's" in your ribbon and then I had to laugh that those are actually candy canes..HA! I obviously was thinking way too deep on that one.
Onion, you did a remarkable job recreating tag 8 and the joy at the bottom detailed Linda's wonderfully. I LOVE the die cut greenery and I just noticed the beautiful holly sticking out too. You're really gonna have yourself a gorgeous Christmas banner when this is done!
I hate the thought of this challenge ending because I'm loving visiting your blog and seeing what you're up to. :)
Big hugs,
Quirks

Alison said...

I love your interpretation Sue, the layers are wonderful!
Alison x

butterfly said...

Love your bold bright bells, and fab matting - especially the glittery layer!
Alison xx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Love the bright splash of red! The bells are fab, especially with the pretty green and white stamped doily backing. Another gem here, Sue!

Hugs,
Linda