Aug 7, 2015

I long to see the Butterflies!

Hello Everyone,
It has been a long cold wet winter here in NZ, our Spring does not arrive for at least another month, I thought if I made a card in warm hues and add this wonderful creature it may remind the sun that it can start shining brightly and the flowers will bloom and we will see the butterflies.


I applied many layers of paint including Gold, then stamps, stencilling and stitching before  dry embossing onto my substrate.

I also made up some paper from painted up tissue, this was used for the butterfly.

...here.
I added another layer, then the little watch workings.

Collaged a sentiment.

added some crackle to the Arrow as I like to mix up my media on all of my projects.

Frilly and Funkie's challenge is a great one- "Things with Wings" and I know I am not very original in my creation where the Wings are concerned, but I do love working with butterflies on my cards especially.

Please Click on picks for close up views.


Thanks for the visit and
have a great weekend.
Smiles:)
Sue.

16 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Be still my heart! That butterfly is McTastic!! The gears, the double wings, the textures...it's a scrumptious card with the best butterfly!
Happy weekend O,
Q

Shelly Hickox said...

What an incredible background - I can't stop looking at it! And your layered butterfly is gorgeous. Fantastic card! Thanks so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie challenge.

Rosemary said...

absolutely gorgeous card, sue!! I love how you added the little watch gears to the body of the butterfly... a brilliant and creative idea!! hugs!

Greta said...

You always amaze me, Sue! Gorgeous mixed media creation--winner in my book! Hoping you see those butterflies soon. I'd gladly send you some of our excessive sunshine--LOL!

Lynn Price said...

Wow - love your colors and texture here! And the butterfly with the watch gears is fantastic - very clever! Hope you get some sun soon - I'll trade you for some of that rain :-)

xx Lynn

sanna said...

gorgeous card!!! immediately noticed this one in the gallery! love the tissue butterfly too. thanks for playing along with us at MMCC this month!!

JackieP Neal said...

Sue, this is beautiful!! I absolutely love how you use your stitching in your pieces- always gives that extra bit of an exciting element!! Here's hoping your spring comes soon! xo

Becca Cruger said...

THUD! <--- that was the sound of my jaw hitting the floor. This is absolutely STUNNING with so much texture and vibrant color. I am so happy you played along with us at the Mixed Media Card Challenge because your designs are so amazing and I'm happy to be a new follower.
I'd love to have you come for a visit, too!
Becca
Damsel of Distressed Cards

Lysa Collins said...

I love the texture and color of the background. Awesome job. Thanks for joining us at the Mixed Media Card Challenge

Lysa Collins said...

I love the texture and color of the background. Awesome job. Thanks for joining us at the Mixed Media Card Challenge

Lysa Collins said...

I love the texture and color of the background. Awesome job. Thanks for joining us at the Mixed Media Card Challenge

Julia Aston said...

That background looks so thick and luscious with all the paints and embossing Sue - wonderful colors - love the tissue you colored for your butterfly and the gears on its body - thanks so much for joining us in the Mixed Media Card Challenge! Julia xx

Angela Radford said...

Hi Sue, thought I'd pop round and see how you were getting on and this is lovely. Gorgeous scrummy textures. Happy crafting, Angela x

butterfly said...

Wow, wow, and then another one! What a beautiful card, Sue - the colours are glorious, and the embossing looks just amazing on your multi-layered background.
Alison xx

Kripa Koushik said...

Uber gorgeous textures. Loveeeee. So much joy from just going through your post just imagining how much fun u had making it! Thanks for sharing with us at MMCC. It's starting to get a bit warm this side of d ditch. Hopefully u see ur first butterflies soon.

Greta said...

Congrats on the shout out at MMCC, Sue--so well-deserved!