Jul 25, 2015

Mini Suitcase.

Hello Everyone,
This is my very last post for the Challenge "On Your Travels" as a Dt for Country View Crafts. I have been part of this very talented team for a whole year and although I have enjoyed every minute it is time for me to step down and allow an opening for some one else.
I am a strong believer that Challenge Blogs need fresh faces to continue to inspire their followers, it is always exciting to see how these new crafters blossom when they are given an opportunity;  I know I certainly did.
So I say my farewell to Chris and the team with an appropriate creation.


I could have made it easy on myself and bought a chipboard matchbox, but as usual I chose the most difficult route and made it all myself.
I found a video on You Tube to make this using the envelope punch board HERE 
IT STARTS OFF LIKE THIS.

Folding
Applying the adhesive
ENDS UP LIKE THIS.
Make another exactly the same and place inside each other, then proceed to decorate.
This is the Back.
The base.

The top.

The size.


Thank you Chris and the Team for a wonderful year.
Smiles:)
Sue



15 comments:

Nikki Acton said...

Wonderful little creation Sue and so,appropriate. I love your vintage tones and of course the label! Nikki x

butterfly said...

A stunning farewell creation, Sue - we will definitely miss you over at CVC, but I'll be haunting here as much as ever (well, hopefully a bit more than recently!!), and wish you Bon Voyage and lots of joy in all your future crafting adventures.
Alison xx

Pamellia Johnson said...

What a fabulous project Sue!! I love the map background and your vintage rustic touches are so wonderful! A smashing exit project. You will be missed over there, I'm sure. hugs :)

Mary Elizabeth said...

So many gorgeous details Sue. Love the background and those corners!!! Such a great way to use the envelop punch board. Stunning!! -- Mary Elizabeth

Sara Barker said...

Sue, what a sweet little suitcase, and so fitting for both the challenge and for your last post as CVC Design Team member. You will certainly be missed there, but we are lucky to be able to continue to view all your wonderful creations via the magic of Blogland! You have been such a wonderful inspiration, and this piece is no exception! There are so many great little details on it, like those leathery corners and rusted metal pieces. Hugs!

Chrissy said...

Fantastic creation Sue..so much wonderful detail on something so small..brilliant.

luv CHRISSYxx

Lucyna Marynowska said...

LOVE it Sue! Stunning piece!

Lynn Price said...

Love this little gem, Sue! What a clever idea (these things never occur to me!) Really love how you've finished this with the map and that wonderful rusted metal piece with "New Zealand" in the middle.... very fun! xxx Lynn

Jennie Atkinson said...

Such a wonderful project Sue - as always. We shall really miss you on the team at CVC - it has been a pleasure and honour to work alongside you. With all best wishes for your future crafty journey. Jennie x

Angela Radford said...

Hi Sue, great piece love it. Happy crafting, Angela x

JackieP Neal said...

Sue! of course you would go all out for your final piece!! Sorry to see you leave, but I am sure we will see more of you somewhere else!!

This suitcase is amazing! What a genuinely creative make! I wish it were real size- I would use it for my travel bag!! Beautiful,my friend! hugs xx

Lisa Minckler said...

Would I fit in there? I'd happily ship myself!!! This is a perfect parting project :)

Greta said...

They will miss you, Sue! This is amazing--so creative & beautifully crafted, my friend!

Rosemary said...

wow... what a fabulous project, sue! the suitcase is beyond clever!!

misty said...

This is fabulous!!! I love every detail, it's so unique!