Jun 10, 2015

Tic TAG Toe.

Hello Everyone,
I am the Guest Designer over at City Crafter today and I am rather pleased about it as it has been years since I last had this privilege.
The theme is "tic TAG toe", to create a tag or a project with tag(s).
As most of you know I do not make many Tags, so it was a Challenge, I put it on a card as I will definitely have some use for it this way.

This is the inspiration photo:


I made the Tag from fine linen, attached a serviette image with multi matte medium and stamped the text.
           Diecut a frame, painted in Black added Crackle paste and then painted it over in Teal.
Gave it a good buff up!!!      
   The Key was painted the same way but I added embossing powder to jazz it up.  
My silhouette is also a diecut I found in my stash.   
Added the buttons to complete the composition.        

Would love you to pop across to City Crafter and say Hello.
Smiles:)
Sue

11 comments:

JackieP Neal said...

Sue, what a lovely tag and so clever use of the key- at first glance I thought it was a floral head wreath! xo

Lucyna Marynowska said...

Congrats on your guest designer spot Sue! Your tag is (as always) stunning!

Rosemary said...

your tag is just gorgeous, sue... I love the little "cameo" you created... only you could alter a key, add it to your project and make it look like it was always meant to be where you placed it!! congrats on your guest designer spot... so very well deserved, my friend!! hugs & smiles!

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous tag Sue... sorry I haven't been and commented for a while... your blog is not coming up on my list - so I wasn't aware you were back creating.
What a beautiful tag Sue. The texture is stunning. Off to check out your older posts.
Hugs
Dawn

Sue U said...

Great card Sue! Love how you have incorporated the tag into a card! Thanks for joining with our Real or Faux Stitching challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More, good luck and hope to see you again soon

Hugs, Sue xx

Heather Jacob said...

wow Sue this is magnificent ... wow wow wow .... love the fabric and texture x

Greta said...

Don't know how I missed your win, but a big congrats, Sue! What a stunning creation you've made for your GD post--I'm in awe, my friend! The linen tag, stamped text, gorgeous blue--love it!

die amelie said...

Such a great project for your guest designing appearance, Sue!

Love the fabric and how you have made this theme "yours" by putting the tag onto a card! Great idea! Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog post today! It really means a lot to me!

Hugs!!!!
Claudia xx

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow.... I love love love this gorgeous tag, Sue. The embossed frame and the key are so fabulous! :)

butterfly said...

I love this linen tag too - so pretty and feminine - and great crackle on the frame.
Alison xx

Lisa said...

The challenge theme threw me off...I was literally thinking "toe tag" as in what you get when you're on 'the slab' and I have to admit, I cringed. HOWEVER, now that I've consumed more coffee and remembered the simple game of tic tac toe, I GET IT!!! I had to laugh when I saw your tag and thought, "well, that would be a pretty tag for a toe and certainly fit for a queen." Now that I'm not all confused, I love your tag and the way you've used the key as a crown of sorts and DEFINITELY putting the tag on a card is the way to go. We've had this discussion before and your solution is the BEST solution!
hugs,
Confused in Missouri ;)