May 5, 2015

Triptych - Houses

Hello everyone,
The Mirror Crack'd Challenge this month is hosted by the talented Rita Marie and the theme is 'Triptych.'

I loved making this canvas, the little houses were so much fun to put together.
The substrate on the canvas is stamped tissue paper with Gesso and glazed over in Raw umber and Nickel Azo Gold.

The second substrate is a wash of watercolours.
Base for my houses.
The roof templates painted in Black Acrylic.
 The painted fabric with scraps of cardstock for windows and doors.
Adding more depth and stitching.
Rusting up the elements.
Adding the trim and the fence lines.
Gold paint to the roof.
close up.
Completed the canvas and finally adding embossing paste through a script stencil.
There are wonderful creations on this theme over on the TMC Blog.
Hope you can participate in this Challenge this month with us.

Entering these Challenges.
Love To Create Challenge:Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes.

Have a great week 
Smiles:)
Sue

16 comments:

Lin said...

This is gorgeous Sue. So pretty. Loved the detailed description of how you achieved the end result.

I am so sorry to be losing you from the team. Best of luck with whatever lies ahead for you.

Lin

Angela Radford said...

Hi Sue. Thanks for the visit to mine, so pleased you like it. This is such a fun piece and the tutorial is brilliant. I know you have to leave us but please don't disappear altogether, just love your projects.
Sending big hugs, Angela x

Joi at RR said...

So lovely Sue - especially the colors. My fav part is the wonderful locks!! So fun. j.

Lucyna Marynowska said...

Another MASTERPIECE Sue- love the yummy texture,lots of details and the colors!

Greta said...

You never cease to amaze me, Sue--fabulous, creative project!

die amelie said...

LOVE love love your adorable houses, Sue! They make me smile simpy by looking at them! Thanks for that! x

You will be dearly missed at TMC, you know? But I will of course keep stopping by your blog and following your artistic journey! ;)

Take care!
Hugs and wishes,
Claudia xxx

Rosemary said...

this is absolutely GLORIOUS, sue... absolutely glorious!! I love the fabulous little rusty details, the colors... well... everything!! hugs & smiles!

Jan Hill said...

I love those houses, so cute! The rusting adds just the right detail. Hugs Jan x

Lynn Price said...

Wonderful houses, Sue! I love the whimsical placement and textures throughout, and brilliant to use fabric!! Very fun piece - makes me smile! Thanks, as always, for taking the time to visit and comment - always love hearing from you. xx Lynn

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful houses, Sue. I am amazed looking at the depth you have created on them with your work.
I've pinned this on my Pinterest board :)

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow... this is such a gorgeous creation, Sue. The colors and textures are so beautiful! Love it! :)

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

This is amazing hunnie - I just love everything about it. Houses are so cute xx

butterfly said...

Oh wow - definitely my favourite of the catching up and up there with my all-time favourites of yours! Your fabric houses are so gorgeous with their rainbow hues, and the weathered embellishments look so cool ... love, love, love this (there, one love for each house!).
Alison xx

ßeulah ßee said...

Big smile!

JackieP Neal said...

Oh Sue, this is beautiful!! I love these houses- your art is always so inspiring!! I think I will take you up on your advice and join in!! xx

Lisa said...

Seriously, seriously COOL!!! I keep scrolling up and down to see the process. This makes me smile from ear to ear so I can only imagine your giddiness!