May 1, 2015

Scenic Picture.

Hello Everyone,
Today for Country View Crafts and my first make for the month, I have designed a
 Collage/Mixed media picture.
The Challenge set by my lovely teamie Donna is 'Simply Scenic'.

 I am also entering this piece into Mixed Media World Challenge :  Use Bright Colours.

I have to admit and say I slumped my shoulders and wailed silently,( perhaps not so silently) when I read the theme.
 A challenge is a call to engage in a contest, I have to acknowledge this and stop uttering prolonged inarticulate mournful cries and get myself into the zone of blogging with some purpose and contribute enthusiastically to my followers; my intention is to enthuse you all to participate in this challenge, so if my mere utterances do not move you perhaps my creation here will.
So with this sense of purpose that has been so lacking of late I produced this little picture, it took me a few weeks, but I was determined to make it into a piece that I would be happy with.
 Determination won hands down.

I was so pleased I framed it.

I found a scene on the web and roughly drew up the house and trees.
Painted up the Bg first.
The house is made up from scraps of painted cardstock and bark.

 The trees are made from crumpled up tissue paper, painted and stamped.
I sketched in some flowers and added the stitching.
 

 Matted the pic.
 Made a little bird from Polyshrink, and placed it in the left hand corner.
Once it was framed and hung I thought it needed something else; I always thing my creations need additions!
I added the Green line border...now it is complete.
You can click on the pics to see the detail.

Of course you can hop across here to join in and view my fellow teamies interpretations.
I just know you will be inspired by them all.

Have a great week,
Smiles:)
Sue

12 comments:

Emma Galloway said...

Love this! Popped over from CVC to have a look x

Lucyna Marynowska said...

Sue, your picture is just STUNNING! Love every piece of it!

Rosemary said...

absolutely gorgeous, sue... I cannot believe that you had even the tiniest bit of problem with the creation of this masterpiece... but I will take your word for it! ahh... I would love to have something like this to hang on my wall! hugs and smiles!

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow...Sue, I love your gorgeous picture. The colors and textures are so beautiful! :)

Jennie Atkinson said...

Wow Sue, this is just stunning! The textures and colours are amazing and all those wonderful little details …… the whole piece is just alive! Fabulous! Jennie x

Lynn Price said...

Hi, Sue - Love this piece! The house and trees are so detailed and vibrant, and adore that little bird! Your idea to frame it was perfect - wonderful little hanging you've made! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment - I always love hearing your thoughts! xxx Lynn

Tincan Crafter said...

Sue I came over here to say thanks you for the amazing comment you left on my Portraits of Blessing piece and I am so glad that you left it because I have discovered YOU. What a brilliantly talented artist you are. I absolutely love everything on this piece. The colours, the textures, the stitching,the arrangement. So darn fabulous.....I am salivating. My favourite bits were the trees. You have yourself a new fan and thanks again for the lovely comments on my blog!

Joi at RR said...

Now THIS is just FABULOUS. It just could not be any more fun. Love the colors, the texture... and it's so fun because I think the sewing looks just like a barbed wire fence to me!!! Course I live on a ranch so that's what I see!!! Sooooooooo glad you did this out of your comfort zone... it's VERY inspiring to me. j.

Greta said...

Wow--my jaw dropped when I got to this post, Sue! Love all the details--the bird is a wonderful touch!

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Wonderful make! Love the trees! Thank you for joining our challenge at Mixed Media World! Ingrid x

Margik said...

Hi Sue! Fabulous and very creative project. Love all the great elements on it. And thank you so much for your kind comments. Mar xx

Lisa said...

What the heck!!! This project completed completely opposite of the attitude going in. I cannot think of a better way to inspire than to include the pitfalls and the successes. This my friend is a HUGE success. I think it's fabulous to actually USE nature in a nature picture. The bark and those trees and the setting sun and the incredible blue speckled flowers and your wonderful shrinkydink bird and trademark stitching....just AWE INSPIRING!!
Definitely meant to be framed.
Big smiles and hugs,
Quirks