May 8, 2015

Purple, Pink and Yellow

Hello Everyone,
I have a little piece for your perusal and also to enter a few Challenges, the law of averages won out this week and I actually won over at Rubber Dance with my Poppy Card (here) I was so surprised, but also delighted,  I am like many of you that religiously enter Challenges and 99% of the time miss out... but not this month, this month I can experience that awesome feeling of being a winner, thank you Rubber Dance you made my day,  I now feel I am doing okay here in my craft room.


 So the Challenges that I would like to enter are:

Optional theme of Flowers.

The Background is a grid made from painted papers and where I have stamped various patterns.
The top layer  is also wet embossed in Black and Gold embossing powders.

The flower is in the process of being manipulated,  it is cut from painted cardstock.
Stamped the bird and  fussycut 
 Attached the finished flower and Bird.

Burlap and embossed Bg.

 It is a wet forecast for the weekend here in Auckland, hope it is better where you are.
Thanks for the visit.
Smiles:)
Sue

17 comments:

Meihsia Liu said...

Oh.. what a gorgeous piece, Sue. The colors and textures are amazing! :)

maria f. said...

Such texture. Such vibrant colors. I love this. Thanks for joining us at the MMCC this month.

Lucyna Marynowska said...

Congrats Sue on your winning!
This piece is also beautiful

Rosemary said...

congrats on your win, sue! definitely well deserved, my friend! your piece today is, of course, stunning! love the bold colors that you used! (and yes, I know the feelings you spoke about... nothing like a win to make you feel like you are not doing all of this in vain!!)

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Hi Sue! Congrats once more winning our challange for April! Thank you so much for joining our May challenge - your card is really pretty. Love how you made those background squares - a really good idea! :-)
Thanks again for joining! ♥

Lynn Price said...

Congratulations on your win, Sue! And what a wonderful, cheery card you have here! I love your flower, and the way you've used the square motif throughout and put on a dotted textural background - and the colors are great!! xx Lynn

Angela Radford said...

Well done Sue pleased you won, went over for a look, it's a lovely card.
Loving this piece today, great colours and texture. Thanks for the visit to mine too, Angela x

Greta said...

Congrats on your win--enjoy your prize, my friend! This creation is amazing! I love the embossed background & beautiful colors! Happy Mother's Day!

butterfly said...

Congratulations on your win, Sue - well-deserved I'm sure! And this is another lovely piece making the most of textures and fabric. I love the vivid jewel colours and the pop of dimension for the bird and flower - fabulous!
Alison xx

JackieP Neal said...

Sue, congrats on your win!! And these are some of my most favorite colors- beautiful!! xx

Helen Allen said...

Congratulations on you win! Love this months entry. That patchwork looks fab. Thank you for playing along with us over at Rubber Dance X

Donna B. said...

Gorgeous card! I love your textured background. Thanks so much for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow, such a stunning project! Love it! Such a great colour choice too! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Mixed Media Monthly!

Debbie said...

Love the bold bright colors! Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

ionabunny said...

Pretty piece. Love the squares and the hummingbird. Hugz

Susanne Rose said...

This is so gorgeous! Thanks for joining our challenge over at Rubber Dance! Hugs, Susanne.

Lisa said...

Good grief, it's like I found the edge of earth and fell off...I've missed so much of your amazing talent. This piece has me wringing my hands and ready to get inky and sticky. I LOVE your creation here, but that flower makes me SO happy!
hugs,
Quirks