May 18, 2015

Mixed Media Tag.

Hello Everyone,
Thought I would join in the challenge at 'That Craft Place' -Tags.
I don't often make Tags, but these little love birds lent themselves to this sort of creation; they are rather cute...I don't often do cute either!

Let us start with the background.
Making the Tag with a SB diecut.

 Painted up with Acrylics.
I stamped the birds in Black Archival Ink , then painted and dry embossed the Bg.
Added some stitching for interest.
Here is a close up view.

adding more texture to the Bg, but did not like it.
Changed it to this.
Now it is finished.

It is wet and cold today in Auckland, thanks for the visit and all the lovely comments you leave me I do appreciate each one.
Have a great week,
Smiles:)
Sue.

14 comments:

Greta said...

I love this tag, Sue! Those birds are wonderful & such beautiful colors!

Rosemary said...

beautiful mixed media tag, sue... those little birds are definitely cute!!

Meihsia Liu said...

Oh.. this tag is super cute! I love the adorable birds and the beautiful colors on the background. The texture you created is amazing, Sue. :)

Lucyna Marynowska said...

Love the two birds Sue! The colours of your tag are also stunning!

cheryl Baker said...

oh love,it when you post lots of pictures,this is awesome hun so so love the embossing,and colours,sorry its been a while hun but hoping to get back on track,hugs Cherylxxxx

JackieP Neal said...

OMGosh adorable!! And I love love love that texture!! xx ")

Pamellia Johnson said...

This is fabulous Sue! I love how you used the Spellbinders die to create the fancy tag shape at the top!! Beautiful colours and those birds are so much fun! Gorgeous tag!! hugs :)

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant tag Sue!! First of all I really love the shape of it, great idea! Those birds are completely adorable too and I absolutely love how you used them here! Fantastic colours and textures too!!

Angela Radford said...

Hi Sue, loving the tag. So pleased you decided to join in the challenge at That Craft Place.
Happy crafting, Angela x

butterfly said...

Wow, I just love your mixed media tag, Sue - the textures are great, and the golden sunshine glow of the bird panel looks so fabulous against the rich greens of the background. Just fab!
Alison xx

Dee Adams said...

Love this tag Sue the top looks really good having been die cut, the colours compliment each other beautifully & the birds are just fab. x

Lucyna Marynowska said...

Congrats Sue! I knew you would win the challenge!

Dawn Turley said...

adorable Sue, You really do some stunning mix media work.

Lisa said...

GASP....tag and cute! Surely you must have thought you'd awoke in a alternate dimension while making this....
I think it's marvelous that you put yourself in a zone of somewhat discomfort and came out kicking with this GORGEOUS and fun tag! Since you know I'm nicknamed Bird, I'm partial.
I'm having so much fun catching up on your blog...LOL.
Off I go again,
Q