Apr 7, 2015

The Poppy.

Hello Everyone,
I unfortunately had to make a sympathy card for a friend whose Mum passed away over Easter.
And as I was just about to post it up my friend Rosie had also posted a sympathy card, so I popped across to have a look at her creation which I already knew would be a classic, and sure enough it was and more.
 I then looked at mine.......very different.

The Poppy is symbolic of the fallen and by association the departed, so to me this is an appropriate flower to place on a sympathy card, I hope you like it.


I made up my substrate in these colours.
There is an option for texture, so of course I added a little to this card.

Stamped the Poppy in watering can Archival Ink.
Painted in Acrylics.
 Stamped the poppy again on a scrap and cut the middle petal out.
This was then popped up to create a 3d effect on the Poppy itself.
At the bottom of the card I stencilled circles in Grey acrylic.
Stamped the sentiment and stitched in place.
 
 I finished off the card with a Glaze.
Three colours : Orange, Quin Nickel Azo Gold and Yellow Iron Oxide.


Have a great week.
Smiles:)
Sue



16 comments:

Lucyna Marynowska said...

I love your card and think that a poppy suits the sympathy card very well.
Your colouring is stunning Sue!

Rosemary said...

Oh Sue!! What a gorgeous card!!! I know your friend will treasure this amazing work of art as a beautiful reminder of her mum! (and thank you for the sweet words you shared about my card... you are so very lovely!!) hugs!

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Hi Sue,
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend's Mum. The card you made is very beautiful, and I'm sure your friend will treasure it ♥
I love how you have used our challenge colours this month. Thank you so much for entering with your gorgeous and touching card! xox

die amelie said...

Such a beautiful card, Sue!

I am sure it will be treasured! The background in itself is already wonderful! And the poppy looks wonderfully fragile and delicate!

Hugs,
Claudia xx

Kathi said...

Wow. Beautiful card with a wonderful background, but the star is that gorgeous poppy.

Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges this week.

Heather T said...

This is beautiful; I love the textures and colours.

Samantha Read said...

Really beautiful.
Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week :)

Julie Steed said...

This is really stunning.

Pamellia Johnson said...

Beautiful Sue!! Your background is stunning, wow I love those colours! Wonderful idea for making the flower look 3d! Thank you so much for the visit and the congrats on my new mixed media blog. I am really looking forward to seeing what you come up with, your work is amazing. hugs :)

Greta said...

Absolutely stunning sympathy card, Sue!

dutchstamptramp said...

Beautiful delicate colours. Love it. Thanks for joining the Stampotique DC

Kaz said...

This is such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

Coby van willigenburg said...

Great card, love the colors, Thanks for joining the Stampotique DC

jannet said...

This is suah a beautiful and elegant card. The wild poppy is my favourite flower. It reminds me of seeing the poppies around the Tower of London last year.

Good luck in your challenges.

Helen Allen said...

Such a thoughtful and beautiful creation Sue. Thank you for playing along with us over at Rubber Dance this month x

Dee Adams said...

A very beautiful and tasteful card thank you so much for joining us at the artistic stamper. X