Apr 6, 2015

Masterboard

Hello Everyone,
The Challenge this month at 'The Mirror Crack'd' is 'Use a  Master board', and
For this month you will be allowed to make cards as your finished project as long as we can see that you have created a masterboard.
For those who are confused by the term master board, the basic idea is very simple, you make one main artwork and then cut it up to make something else.

Here is my master board made with  Acrylic paints and the Gelli plate.

Step One.
Brayer on the first coat of paint.
Step Two.
Add another colour
 Step Three.
Add the texture.
Step Four.
More colour.
 Step Five.
More texture and ready for my pull onto cardstock.

I chose to make some coasters, I cut the squares from the master board and glued them onto chipboard, 
I painted a rough oblong shape in Titan buff Acrylic paint in the center of each coaster then stamped randomly in Black Archival.

Stamped the Bird and coloured up.
I made up the others using different stamps.


 Edged the frames with distress pen.
 It was fun making these, and if you are up for a Challenge then why not join us this month.
Click here to enter and also to see what my fellow teamies have made with their master boards
So have some fun and join us this month.

Have a great week.
Smiles:)
Sue.




6 comments:

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Great Gelli printing technique, Sue, TFS, as I am learning this, it will be very useful.
I love your coasters made with masterboard, they are beautiful.

Jan Hill said...

I love those coasters! What a great idea for the masterboard. That little bird is so cute. Hugs Jan x

Rosemary said...

absolutely love the coasters, sue! perfect way to use that beautiful masterboard you created! hugs & smiles!!

JackieP Neal said...

Sue! I love your fun coasters!! Your colors and pictures you chose are perfect! Love that birdie-too cute!! xo

die amelie said...

Such a joyful creative project, Sue,

and your masterboard is heavenly! I have just managed to get myself a larger (8x1o) Gelli plate and can't wait to start playing with it. Now that I have seen your project I am getting even more impatient...lol.

Your print is awesome! And the coasters are too!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Sue--I so love your coasters--one of my favorites!