Apr 11, 2015

3UP at Paper Artsy and a Mini Canvas.


Hello Everyone,

It's 3UP time over on the Paper Artsy Blog, and I am one of the 3UP-pers privileged to be chosen to participate.

  What is 3UP?  
A summary of all the themes that have been explored over the Jan-April period on the Paper Artsy Blog for 6 nights.

 We 3Uppers today have been co-ordinated by the very talented Darcy of Art and Sole..
..how could I go wrong!
  The colours we were to work with are Red, Grey, White and Black and I chose the theme Paint.

 Paint can be a barrier to many and I know mixed media even more intimidating, so I have intentionally made this little canvas as uncomplicated as possible, but still incorporating a mix of media that has texture and a tactile quality. I enjoy the process of mixing and matching and I encourage you to give it a try and explore what can be created with pieces of material and the like.
 It is a great fun.

The first layer:
Watercolour paper painted in Black Acrylic and India Ink using an almost dry brush and random sweeps across the paper.

2nd Layer:
Piece of muslin roughly covered in Gesso.
Then painted in Red.
Stamped in Black Archival.
I stamped the Paper Artsy Butterfly onto Tyvek Paper 3 times and fussy cut each one.
Attached it to my Muslin substrate.
Added the elements.
 Stitched the borders in Metallic thread
and mounted it onto my Canvas Board.

Entering into Crafty Cardmakers Challenge#136-WINGS.
 City Crafter Anniversary Challenge.  
Choosing one element from Samra's Card- Butterfly.

If you want to see more creations covering the different themes then pop across to the
Paper Artsy blog.

 Smiles:)
Sue.





12 comments:

Lucyna Marynowska said...

What can one say apart from WOW and gorgeous - love it!

Greta said...

This is so amazing, Sue--incredible work of art!

Samra Leshinski said...

The butterfly is absolutely stunning! Love the 3D effect you created with it :) Thank you for joining CCCB celebration this week :)
Samra DT

Rosemary said...

"simple" she says... ha!! maybe for you, but not for me! i could never simply create something as amazing as this using all the elements you did... it would end up a mess! love that gorgeous multi-layered butterfly! hugs!!

Angela Radford said...

This is lovely Sue and great dimension. Thanks for the visit and have a happy and crafty weekend, Angela x

Kim x said...

This is just amazing Sue.
Thanks for entering our 'Wings' challenge at CCM&More.
Hugs Kimx

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely canvas! A wonderful take on the challenge ... So glad you played along with us at CCCB this week!!

crafty said...

Love all the deatail. Thank you for joining in the challenge at Crafty Cards and More. Mary

Lisa said...

ONION!!!
I can't take my eyes off of it! There's that old saying, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink...I think quite possibly you could! The same goes for mixed media. If anyone was intimidated by it, you could calm their nerves and guide them to it. Your work is amazing!
Par usual, your posts are not showing up on my blog and so I am tardy yet again!
hugs to you my friend,
Quirks

Coco said...

Hi Sue, just a quick hello as I'm at work and so busy all the time, but I really wanted to tell you how gorgeous I find your works!!! This make for PA is really amazing, and the card with the Poppy I can see below is just a delight for the eyes. :D Thanks for the pleasure you gave me this morning and the wonderful walk, you also look to be a lovely lady :D Crafty hugs from France, Coco x

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful creation thank you for sharing at CCM&More.
Hugs Julie xxx

Sue U said...

Stunning creation, Thanks for joining in with our "Things With Wings" challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and more - good luck and hope to see you again soon
Hugs, Sue xx