Mar 23, 2015

Mixed Media Alphabet card.

 
Hello Everyone.
Let me welcome my new followers, I hope you find inspiration in what I create, I do not follow any specific genre, albeit I am partial to Mixed Media and Shabby Chic, two entirely different categories, but they work well together and there are times where I need to make something pretty, I am a girl after all. 
You will not find anything clean and simple here, cannot do it...will not do it.

Country View Crafts Challenge-'Anything Goes' is still in progress until the end of the month and this is my second inspirational piece for you.

 Below you will view a fine example of  Mixed Media.

I must apologise that I have no step by step for this piece, I get in such a mess with gesso and glue etc that I literally cannot pick up my camera without mutilating it...I paint with my fingers most of the time.
But I will tell you how I put it together.

The substrate is Black card stock that has a light coating of gesso, then I dry embossed, attached a few off cuts of paper and a smearing of paint randomly in Green and Gold.
The chipboard numbers and letters have also been treated with gesso and paints, then stamped over in Archival ink.
The Cherub was in my Stash.
At the side is a border die cut from painted paper with some fibre thread attached.
And there you have it, full of texture and dimension.

I am entering this into Mixed Media World Challenge-Anything Goes 

AND
Rubber Dance Art Stamps March Colour Challenge:
Fresh Spring Pastels


Have a great week,
Smiles:)
Sue

11 comments:

Lucyna Marynowska said...

Love it Sue!

Greta said...

I'm always amazed by your creations, Sue! Love how you put all the elements together--beautiful!

Rosemary said...

like greta I am always amazed by your projects! this one is just gorgeous with all the fabulous texture!!

Helen Allen said...

Love all the texture you have created Sue. Thank you for playing along with us over at Rubber Dance x

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Beautiful! I really like the background with all its texture, and those chipboards numbers are so cool! Thank you so much for entering our March challenge! Nice to see you there! ♥
xox

Lisa said...

It's beyond frustrating that I am not seeing your posts come up. I even deleted your link and then re-added you and still it's not jiving on my blog. I'm naturally drawn to your blog any way so I'm sure not miss too much too late and I'm so glad I'm here today. I see your collection of cherub makes and they make me happy for specific reasons. In Germany I was known as the cherub collector as I had them ALL over my home looking out for the little ones. I loved your latest pages and am enjoying seeing your techniques. I loved your description of yourself for your new followers too. Shabby chic meets mixed media is perfect for you! :)
Big hugs to you Onion,
Quirks xx

Majo said...

Love all the beautiful texture you have created. Thank you for playing along with us over at Rubber Dance♥

Susanne Rose said...

Amazing! I love it. Thanks for joining us over at Rubber Dance Art Stamps this month!

Katy Leitch said...

Gorgeous texture! Thanks so much for joining us at Rubber Dance :)

Deborah Wainwright said...

Ooh Sue what a fab card. Love all the layers and great colours. Thanks for playing along at MMW hugs Debs xx

JackieP Neal said...

Oh Sue!! This is wonderful deliciously piled with texture!! I love the chunkiness of this tag and the elements you used in your design-perfect! xo