Mar 1, 2015

Layered Butterfly.

Hello Everyone,
March 1st and if you live in Wales you will be celebrating St Davids Day.
Probably means absolutely nothing to most of you, but being Welsh I have wonderful memories of this day growing up.
You have come across to see a card not to read about my heritage, so I will proceed expeditiously with my post.

Country View Cards Challenge this month  is 'Anything Goes.'  which pleases the masses as one is not restricted by theme or design. It is CVC's second anniversary, and to celebrate there will be two winners this month!!!!



My Bg was painted up using Acrylics, stamped in script then dry embossed.
The butterfly was stamped onto painted paper three times and layered up, stitched onto card to include the antennae. The body is a shape fussy cut from G45 paper.
Another element is the collage, just scraps that I saved after a tidy up, I added the weeny buttons and lace for interest.
You can pick up the embossing here with the Inka Gold applied.


Entering: 'The Artistic Stamper'  Challenge -Spring. 
               The Mixed Media Card Challenge-Hints of Spring.
 
Butterflies are always synonymous with a new beginning, and Spring time is the prelude to warmer weather. (I am basking in hot sunny days here in Auckland.)

You will find all my talented teamies here, if you have a few moments hop across and say hello.
Have a great day,
 Smiles:)
Sue





17 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

This is beautiful Sue, I love the multicoloured background and embossed flowers on it. The butterfly sits proud and prominently and is balanced perfectly with the little collage. Great job.
Happy Sunday
hugs Brenda

Rosemary said...

this is a complete jaw-dropper, sue!! love the vibrant colors, the gorgeous butterfly, the wonderful little details you added with the scraps and tiny buttons! everything is absolutely perfect! by the way... I would love to hear more about your Welsh heritage! hugs & smiles!!

Lynn Price said...

Sue, this is fabulous! I love your background colors and texture, and the little details like the lace and buttons. That butterfly is glorious. You are always an inspiration to me! xx Lynn

Greta said...

Oh wow, Sue--this is one of my favorites! The background is so gorgeous & I love the butterfly & the lace! You're so inspiring! I did visit Wales once long ago, but haven't heard of St. David's Day. Why not celebrate in New Zealand?

Nikki Acton said...

Beautifully composed Sue with wonderful colours and texture combined. Belated Happy St Davids Day! Nikki xx

SARN said...

This is simply BEAUTIFUL. So much work and SOOO effective. xxx

Charlene said...

Love the demention on the background and the butterfly...very pretty card! Thanks so much for sharing at MMCC :-)

Diane said...

Love the background texture, colors and design.

Hugs Diane

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

What a wonderful card, Sue. Beautiful texture and colors.
Wow, you followed mixed media procedure which is new to me. I am inspired , would like to try it.
Thanks for joining us at Artistic stamper this month

Meihsia Liu said...

Oh.. this is such a gorgeous creation, Sue. I love the beautiful colors and patterns you created. :)

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Gorgeous background Sue, reminds me of a beautiful sunset!

Tocoart said...

What a beautiful card, dry embossing totally finishes it perfectly

crafty creations said...

Beautiful card so cleverly constructed

Sara Barker said...

Sue, what a beautiful card! Gorgeous background and wonderful stitches all over. Love those antennae and of course, the perky butterfly. This oozes spring and you have certainly inspired me!

Sanna said...

gorgeous! there is so much to look at and discover on this card! fab work - thanks for playing along with us at MMCC!

Lisa M said...

Boy oh boy, you're on a roll! I'm just now getting around to thinking about this challenge. You are truly masterful at blending colors. They are nearly trance inducing!
more hugs,
Q

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely background you created here! love the colors and the Inka gold stenciling - your layered butterfly is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us in the Mixed Media Card Challenge Sue!