Feb 3, 2015

Valentine Card.

Hello Everyone,
My second card this month using Drips and Drops in my design and this time I  made a Valentine Card.


To make the Heart.
I cut two heart shapes freehand out of the cardstock, I painted up one and the smaller one I ripped in half after wet and dry embossing.

Making my drips, I manipulated the ones on the left by running my wet brush down the card first, then dropping the wet paint in the centre, moving my card so that they the paint will run off the edges (top and bottom.)
The drops are White Acrylic paint from a pipette.
 

I finished off the Heart with a small wooden flower, stitching and Treasure Gold. 
Stamping a border in Blue the White Ink.
Placing some cheesecloth behind.
 

Adding little buttons.

The text are stick-ons, some cross stitches and tissue tape.

Matting it up with Red and Black cardstock on a Cream Card.
 

Entering Feb Challenges-


The Challenge for 'Drips and Drops' can be found at Country View Crafts. and it runs for the whole month.

Have a great week,
Smiles:)
Sue

14 comments:

Lucyna Marynowska said...

Wow! Love this piece! The colours are breathtaking Sue!

Diane said...

Oh very fun technique, colors and design Sue.

Hugs Diane

JackieP Neal said...

Sue, Love this card- I especially love the details of the hearts.
Oh, and your color drips and drops are just fab!! ")

Vada said...

Outstanding Sue. Love all the free flowing movement in this. Thanks for stoping in.
Hugs Vada

Greta said...

You truly are an artist, my friend! This is one amazing Valentine!

Eret said...

Your card is very creative. Love the colorful background and fabulous heart. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x

Nikki Acton said...

Fabulous Sue - from the drippy background and great colours to the wonderful heart. Nikki x

butterfly said...

This is what I really hopped over from CVC to see - a fabulous rainbow of drippage, and those wonderful stringy strands. A glorious card, Sue!
Alison xx

Rosemary said...

FAB.U.LOUS!!!

Maggie said...

Lovely mixed media card Sue great drips and texture on the Hearts.

MaggieH

Julia Aston said...

I just love your drippy background Sue - and the layers and stitching on your fabulous heart! thanks so much for joining us in the Mixed Media Card Challenge!

Charlene said...

Fun technique!! I love how your card turned out!! Thanks for playing along at Mixed Media Card Challenge.

Donna Ellis said...

Sue, I have had so much fun this morning visiting your blog, looking through your tutorials and techniques, and falling in love with your amazing and soulful artwork. I am your newest Google and Bloglovin' follower. Thank you for the inspiration! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

johanna said...

an adorable Card!
i just found your blog, because i saw you as a new follower. thanks so much, i will follow your blog, too, as i scrolled a bit and love what i see!!