Feb 25, 2015

Shabby meets Drips and Drops

Hello Everyone,
The Challenge over at Country View Crafts-(Drips and Drops) is just about coming to an end, and so far we have had some wonderful inspiration not only from my fellow Dt's, but also from our entries. I have one last card to entice you to join in, it is my favourite genre Shabby-Chic and I have included some mixed media.
 I may upset a few Shabby-Chic enthusiasts in doing so, but I think it works wonderfully well.

Take a look and let me know what you think.


I enjoy making these cards as it always makes me feel as if I have accomplished something.

The process in making the Mixed Media Background.



The previous photos show the stages of applying the paints, below I have dry embossed and added white drips and drops.
Now for the Shabby part.....
....and the Glamour
Marrying them together.
Front and finished view.

Remember you can click on the pics for a more detailed look.

And I am entering this into:
 Simon Says Monday Challenge -'Anything Goes' .
The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge -'Think Pink .'

Thank you for the visit, you can find the CVC challenge HERE.

Smiles:)
Sue

13 comments:

Lucyna Marynowska said...

It's a wowser! It's a beauty!
The meeting of the styles is breathtaking Sue!

tocovya said...

I dont think you could upset anyone at all with this it is gorgeous!. It is wall worthy xx

Juliz Design Post said...

Hope your a winner with this Sue, love it and great to see all the stages.
Julie x

JackieP Neal said...

So glad you shared Sue- this is brilliant! I love the way it all came together- the textures- pure yumminess!!

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Gorgeous background, love those colours! And your cherub is so perfectly, shabbily romantic.

Rosemary said...

ha! who cares if you upset some shabby chic folk, sue... your card is amazing! only you could marry shabby chic and mixed media so beautifully!! smiles & hugs!

Suzanne C said...

What incredible texture and gorgeous layers! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Greta said...

This is amazing, Sue--so gorgeous! Love the background & that lace!

Donna B. said...

This is a gorgeous card!! I think shabby chic is a perfect match for mixed media. Thanks so much for joining us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Karen Crossen said...

Wonderful card!! I love the mixed media background and the layers of shabby chic! Thank you for playing along with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Astrid Maclean said...

I so love this piece, vintage and gorgeous all round! Such a beautiful make! I love how you put this together! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Mixed Media Monthly!

Rachel said...

this is so pretty! love seeing how the elements come together. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

SARN said...

WOW - that's AMAZING x