Feb 1, 2015

'Drips and Drops.'

Hello Everyone,
Today is another new Challenge at Country View Crafts,  and this month I am delighted to be hosting this months Challenge. 
The theme I have chosen  is "DRIPS and DROPS."
If you have never tried this technique, (I don't know if you can actually label it a technique) it is so much fun, that is once you get the knack of moving the drips. They can be stubborn fellows, sometimes they need a little coercion and encouragement to start running...a little like me some days, not that I ever run, that word does not compute!
For my first card, I opted for mixed media as this is what I appear to be leaning towards of late... it will change trust me.




First step- I applied texture paste through a line stencil and let it dry.

First Drips.

Adding more and putting a wash over the Bg.

Adding the Drops.


Adding the glamour.
A Tyvek Flower, organza, bead, tissue tape, and cheesecloth.


The Pink diecuts are off -cuts of a flower border.
Stitching.

Sentiment fromTim Holtz Ideology

Finished.

Now if you want to play with us this month there is wonderful inspiration from my teamies here.
You have a month to participate.

Have a great day and thank you for the visit.

Smiles:)
Sue


20 comments:

Lucyna Marynowska said...

WOW love this make!

Astrid Maclean said...

A brilliant challenge theme Sue (such a wonderful change from all the lovey dovey Valentines themes out there...). I absolutely LOVE this mixed media piece, really stunning, - great colours and textures and beautifully put together!

Marina said...

I love that you combined a grungy technique with bright, fresh colours.

Nikki Acton said...

Hi Sue - lovely mixed media make and wonderfully dripping and dropping! I took a slightly more controlled approach but think I like your technique better. Nikki xx

Brenda Brown said...

Love the mixed media style you are adopting at the moment Sue, you have such great results and this is no exception. Wonderful textures, drips and glamour.
hugs Brenda xxx

Jennie Atkinson said...

Such a wonderful mixed media make Sue - love everything about it, all the texture, drips and such a stunning mix of colours. Thanks for a great theme for our monthly challenge! Jennie x

Ira Huberts said...

Gorgeous work Sue, that is one amazing background! Thanks for your comment on my blog, loved hearing from you again. And I need to apologize for being MIA for so long, seems that I have you in my Bloglovin' list, but that your posts for some odd reason never show up! So I've tried unfollowing and then following you again, hopefully I get to see your future posts again, for it's such a shame to not seeing your wonderful creativity! Take care, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

butterfly said...

A simply brilliant theme this month, Sue - and what a fabulous project to lead the way. I love your drips and drops and the glamour over the top too! Wonderful flower and cheesecloth and bits and bobs, and such fabulous texture underlying it all. A huge WOW from me!
Alison xx

Karen Crossen said...

Beautiful!! I love the texture paste, drips and pop of pink! Just wonderful!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Mixed Media Challenge!!

JackieP Neal said...

Gorgeousness Sue! I love the textures here! ")

Greta said...

I'm always in awe when I come to your blog, Sue! This is stunning--love it!

Lisa M said...

HOLY CRUD....i LOVE this!!!
Just saying.
WOW!!!

Donna B. said...

Gorgeous card! I'm loving all your drips and drops. Thanks so much for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Ohh fabulous line texture and drips. Love the fresh colors on your card!!
Beautiful card, Sue!!

Rosemary said...

of all the beautiful projects that I have seen as I make my way through everything I missed I have to say that this one really stopped me in my tracks. I love absolutely everything about it. while it has the gorgeous mixed media component to it, it also has a cleanness and simplicity that really appeals to me. it is perfection!

Maggie said...

Gorgeous mixed media art Sue love the colours and a great challenge I really enjoyed playing ...and getting messy!

MaggieH

Rachel said...

this is so beautiful! i love how the drips follow your texture paste. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Gorgeous Sue, fabulous colour palette and love the texture. Your drips and drops are perfect!

Debbie said...

Beautiful colors and texture! Thanks for playing along with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Astrid Maclean said...

I came back again to say thank you for adding this fabulous piece also to our challenge at Mixed Media Monthly!