Jan 19, 2015

Working with Glazes.

Hello Everyone
I am still playing in my Journal....This week I have been experimenting using Acrylic Glazing liquid.
Using any Acrylic paints;(it works best with transparent colours) apply with a brush or foam pad, wait about a minute then wipe off with a paper towel or a baby wipe depending how much you want to remove. I kept going until I liked what I was comfortable with.


I probably need some definition, but it is my journal and a point of reference and experimentation.
You can see more journal pages here .
You are very welcome to join in if you so desire.
Brenda ( Bumblebees and Butterflies) has organised it all.

 'Keeping a visual journal is a journey of experimentation; giving time to be free in expressing yourself and not constrained by others expectations.

Hope you are all having a great day. 
Smiles:)
Sue

8 comments:

Lynn Price said...

Sue -
Love the dimension here of the smaller pages!. Also keen on the effect of your treatment here. I am thinking that the glaze keeps the paint open longer, which allows you to wipe some away - is that right?

xx Lynn

Sue said...

Hello Lynn,
I guess so, don't know too much about the mechanics, I just paint the glaze on and wipe it off, and hope for the best!

Brenda Brown said...

Oooh this is soo spooky Sue. Firstly I love the effects you have achieved with the glaze, you have created beautiful distressed and grungy pages. Secondly I am sitting here with Thursdays pages in front of me and wanting to create a more vintage effect over bright colours. I have an idea in my head but this would have been perfect methinks.
Hope all is well with you.
hugs Brenda xxx

JackieP Neal said...

Sue, this piece actually looks like a plastered fresco- it is beautiful! Love the texture- I'm all about texture and your glazing is so rich! Well done-")

Mary J said...

Wow, amazing texture and interest as usual, Sue! Love how you did the subtle text and arrow!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love the beautiful colors and textures on your page, Sue. The vintage effect is wonderful. :)

Greta said...

Hi Sue--Your playing came out beautifully! I love the words & colors!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! Loving the colours and the textures here - really need to try this!! Chrisx