Jan 11, 2015

Journal Workings.

Hello Everyone,
Do you have days when you just want to play? Well I had such a feeling last week, so I opened up my old book that I am creating freely in as part of Brenda (Bumblebees and Butterflies) Visual Journal Blog party.
All intentions were to not think too much and just paint and sketch...not that I am great at sketching, but I was willing myself to go wherever.

This is my spread......I really did zone out on this one, and I enjoyed myself immensely.
It is not perfect, but it is not meant to be, this is the whole point of the exercise.

It is all about ME!


My substrate has Gesso, paint, inks, crayons, mediums, glazes, crackle and stamps.

The word ME was inked with distress pens then Glossy accents applied.
The top Heart has a piece of stamped tissue paper, mod-podged on top of the substrate.

The word MYSELF was treated the same way with the Distress pens and placed on the flap, where I also attached a label with the date.

AND I  
the eye  is from Graphic 45....love this bit of design, thinking I am very clever here!!!!

The stamped flowers is a JOFY stamp. 
My centre flap is a page cut in half.

and where you find my inspirational words.


And there you have it, a little more work than what was initially intended but I just went with it.
Please click on the photos for close up views.

Have a good Day
Smiles:)
Sue

8 comments:

die amelie said...

Oh, I think it is absolutely "perfect" as it shows you with every stroke of colour and every textured detail you have added, Sue!

Our own imperfection is not only what makes us the individuals we are, but it also is the means by which we "show" ourselves through our art.

Your journal spread lets me "read you" perfectly! And I so love what I see! It's wonderful! And I don't see anything on it I would like seeing done more "perfectly".

Big hug,
Claudia x

Angela Radford said...

Great journal page Sue, loving all the detail and the colour scheme just works perfectly.
Thanks for the visit, pleased you like my fabrics, more to follow.
Happy crafting, Angela x

Brenda Brown said...

Wow, wow and wow again, you have created the most amazing pages Sue, they really sing and call out to me. I am just loving the sweeping movements (freedom), the wonderful colours (expression) and that it is all about you (personalisation). I can see the enjoyment, enthusiasm and satisfaction as emotions it has provoked. Can you tell I love what you have created? Thanks for sharing with me on a Visual Journey.
hugs Brenda xxxx

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my Sue! Such gorgeous pages! I love your mix of colors! So much creativity to enjoy! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lynn Price said...

Very fun and I love your attitude "just jump in".... exactly with I think Brenda is proposing! And trying to follow that myself :-)

Look forward to seeing more of your creations!

Greta said...

Wow, Sue--wish my "playing" looked like this! Beautiful work & the eye IS very clever!

Nikki Acton said...

Oh wow.... Fabulous, and I have no idea how you did it! Nikki x

Rosemary said...

you never fail to amaze me sue! your creativity and talent are boundless! these pages are just stunning!