Jan 28, 2015

Do we still use bookmarks?

Hello Everyone.
 I have been trying to post up this little bookmark for the past week, whether it will ever be used is another question, since purchasing an e-reader I do not have the need to use this item. The e-reader is convenient when travelling but I much prefer to hold an actual book.



You will recognise the Jofy flower stamp.
I covered cardstock with embossing paste and pressed the stamp into this to create an impression.

When dry I painted with a mix of Acrylics and Inks.




Stamped some text in Black Archival.

Iridescent Gold wash applied all over

Treasure Gold rubbed on the edges and to highlight leaves and flower.

Click on pics to see texture.

It is not easy to photograph 'shiny' but I do hope you can recognise that it is there.
Thanks for the visit and do have a good day.
Smiles:)
Sue

10 comments:

Angela Radford said...

Hi Sue, I'm trying to catch up with the visits not been back long from the ski trip. I love this book mark, it would make a great gift. I seem to be obsessed with texture paste at the moment (amongst other things) and these designs are gorgeous, love the butterfly one too. Have a great crafty week, Angela x

Sandra said...

Ohh wow, this is so cool! Love the debossing with the stamp! Great technique! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. Hugs, Sandra

Sue said...

Sue this is gorgeous, I've only ever really used embossing paste through a stencil but I love how it looks here, definitely a technique to try - really lovely xx

WendyK said...

Fabulous book mark, love the texture and colours.

~*~Patty S said...

Your bookmark is really splendid!
Thank you for sharing how you created it.
oxo

Joyce Kers said...

Wow! Sue, I would purchase a book just to use this gorgeous well crafted bookmark. Just stunning...I'll be following you for inspiration.

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Sue--the most gorgeous bookmark I've ever seen! I'm gonna try impressing a stamp into paste like this--love it! You are an inspiration, my friend!

butterfly said...

This is completely gorgeous, Sue - textures, colours, that long elegant stem and fabulous flower head - brilliant! I certainly have need of bookmarks - even more now that I dip between the e-reader and the several books I always have on the go!
Alison xx

PaperArtsy Rubber Stamps said...

Wow Sue, that worked wonderfully! Love the bright colour on the flower, but also the tones and texture of the paste in the BG!

Rosemary said...

I would go buy a book just so I could use this beautiful bookmark, sue! I have an e-reader (nook by barnes & noble), but I still buy real books. I have only two books loaded onto my e-reader!