Jan 23, 2015

A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies.

Hello Everyone.
Another make for the Country View Challenge Blog.
I feel so privileged to be on this Design Team, the work that is being produced from this site inspires me constantly, not only from my fellow teamies but also from the entries we receive each month, I would encourage you to pop across and browse through, even if you do not want to enter the Challenge.

The Challenge this month is "Use Something New To You."
 I have once again used the Bister ink, it was a case of using up all my samples that I accumulated....the ones that worked anyway.


I have explained the process on my previous post (here), so I will not repeat this, but I will do a step by step on how this card was put together.


 I spread some texture paste through a stencil, then painted Blue watercolour paint over the top.
Sprinkled some Bister powder.
 Spritzed with water.

I added a little Yellow bister and spritzed again.

I let it dry naturally, this is the result.
 Using Vintage Photo Distress Ink to edge the card then Dark Brown Cardstock to matt.
The Graphics45 paper is wonderful for fussy cutting images and these butterflies and frame were meticulously cut and mounted onto a SB fancy frame to create my focal point to the textured Bg.
 Some glitter has been added to some of my butterflies and also a little crackle in the top left corner.
You may pick it up better if you click on the pics.

Most of us love working with butterflies and I am no different, they create so much movement on any project, plus they are very attractive to the eye.
I hope you will join us this month(here).
We would love to see what new product or item you are working with.

Smiles:)
Sue

12 comments:

Vada said...

Outstanding!!! As Always.
Hugs Vada

Sara Barker said...

You had me at the background, Sue! This is absolutely beautiful and love that yummy texture and color! You do amazing work!

Lucyna Marynowska said...

What a beautiful background you created - love the mix of colors and your cheerfull butterflies!

die amelie said...

LOVE this, Sue!

All those butterflies gathering in one place create such a natural looking impression!!! (reminds me of the feeding places in Vienna's "Butterfly House" - an old beautiful conservatory where butterflies are kept and bred in and which my son and I loved to visit a lot when he was small).

It looks as if they just have been captured in the spots they had landed on accidentally...but I know how hard it is to create the impression of "natural randomness" on purpose! Great job!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Nikki Acton said...

Lovely sue! Wonderful textures and depth created. How are you! All good here, except a winter virus that I can't shake off. Nikki xxxx

JackieP Neal said...

I love that background Sue!! Gorgeous all the way around! What stencil did you use to create that? I love it! Really inspiring! thank you for sharing hugs Jackie ")

Mary J said...

Wow! Truly beautiful - wonderful background that gives the butterflies real movement, Sue!

Little Artbee said...

Hey Susan I love butterflies and your nice artwork too. You created it so imaginatively. I had a look on your other artworks and I must say very good. Thanks for your dear comment on my blog.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Greta said...

This should be framed, my friend! I adore everything about this gorgeous piece!

WendyK said...

Just love this, great background, and the butterflies are gorgeous.

butterfly said...

Saw and loved this over at CVC - just wonderful to see the steps in its creation.
Alison xx

Rosemary said...

one word: STUNNING!