Dec 21, 2014

Nostalgic Christmas card.

Hell Everyone,
I have arrived home after 4 wonderful weeks, I will write about some of the highlights on my UK trip later.
More importantly is my second card for Country View Crafts Challenge: Nostalgic Christmas.
The Challenge is still open if you have any last minute Christmas cards to make.

The Penny Black background stamp


Fabulous effect, using Red acrylic paint.

Most will recognise these diecuts: 

Cut some frames an used rub-ons for my sentiment.


The greenery provides a wonderful contrast.


The Poinsettia and the colour palette is as I remember my childhood Christmases.
Still time to join in this Challenge, before all the festivities take over.

I was very lucky to meet up with fellow Design Team buddies whilst in Cambridgeshire.
The perfect penultimate memory of our UK trip, we chatted and ate lunch at a fourteenth century Inn, and although it was cold we all enjoyed the occasion.
Living in New Zealand, one never imagines that you would meet your virtual friends across the other side of the world, I was delighted and very thankful that Brenda, Chris, Nicki and Susan (Country View Crafts on-line owner) all made the journey to meet up with me.
Brenda was one of the first artists I followed when I started up my blog in 2010, so I was especially delighted to meet her face to face.

Here we all are:

May I take this opportunity in wishing you; my followers a most joyous Christmas Day.
Thank you for the support you have forwarded to me all through 2014, it has been fun.
All the best for 2015 and hope you all have some wonderful crafty goodies in your stocking.

Smiles:)
Sue




9 comments:

Nikki Acton said...

Lovely card Sue, fabulous poinsettia and greenery. Lovely to meet you a couple of weeks ago. It is still cold here, you won't be surprised to here! Happy christmas to you and rob xxxx

Lisa M said...

Welcome home!! Your blog is being elusive as ever, but I continue to check on you and so glad I did. Can't believe that's a background stamp...It's beautiful and especially with the vibrant festive color you choose. That's a gorgeous Christmas card Onion. Also, what a fantastic trip!! Seems like every time you leave NZ you get to meet your blog buddies and teammates. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. So happy you guys made it home safely.
Big hugs to you my friend,
Quirks

Sara Barker said...

Wow! Sue! I just came from Country View Challenges and seeing your awesome red and white poinsettia card! It is incredibly breathtaking! I love your poinsettia and greenery and the background is mouthwatering!
It is great to see the five of you girls together and connect some faces to the names. Thumbnails don't cut it! My face is over on your sidebar with A Vintage Journey! :)! Merry Christmas and thank you for sharing your most beautiful card!

butterfly said...

So sorry I didn't get to come and rendezvous with you in the end, Sue - but very happy that you had such a wonderful trip - looking forward to more details soon.

Loving your poinsettia card - fabulously chic and the layered frames look so dimensional! Wishing you and yours a peaceful and joyous festive season.
Alison xx

Sara Barker said...

Sue, I just wanted to thank you for your lovely comment you left on my blog regarding my Vintage ornament cabinet. It truly made my day! I sensed that you could feel the enjoyment I had in making that project! Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year to you!

Angela Radford said...

Hi Sue, lovely card, hoping you had a great Christmas. Hugs, Angela x

Dawn Turley said...

Hi Sue... welcome back. I've just got back from my holiday too...so catching up with all the blog posts. Lovely to see your beautiful work.

Greta said...

Love, love, love this card, Sue! Gorgeous! How wonderful you got to meet some bloggy friends on your trip! I will always treasure our getting to meet.

Rosemary said...

beautifully done, sue! and how fun that you were able to meet some of your fellow design team members!