Dec 1, 2014

Nostalgic Christmas.

Hello Everyone,
Well it is December and the countdown to Christmas begins.....
I have shared many wonderful Christmas days with family, and I am at an age where I can look back and remember what stood out for me many moons ago.
In colour terms Christmas is represented by Red and White, I always had something Red to wear and the family home was always decorated in Red White and Green, it so happens that this is the colour that represents my country of birth. (Wales).

My fellow Dt at Country View Crafts; Astrid has set the theme for this months Challenge  'Nostalgic Christmas'  so guess what colours I picked?

The stamp is a Penny Black (Xmas Light)
The script is from an old book.
I stamped the candle in Archival ink twice once on the Bg and once on the script Bg, then fussy cut the latter and mounted it over the stamped candle.

The Holly leaves were inked, fussy cut and glitter applied

Now it was a case of finding some Papers to mat it up and my go to pad is G45.
And need I mention the stitching.
The twine, pearls and little handmade rosebud completes the picture.
To me this card represents Christmas of days past.

Hop over and see the others for your inspiration HERE.

At this moment I am in Wales visiting my family, and with any luck catch up with a few bloggy friends.
Have a great day,
Smiles:)
Sue

Products used:





12 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

A beautiful representation of a nostalgic Christmas Sue with wonderful colours and techniques. Hope your weekend went well in Wales and looking forward to meeting you soon. xx

Nikki Acton said...

Fabulous card Sue, just love what you have done with the candle! Nikki x

butterfly said...

Oh, wonderful... your texty layered candle is just gorgeous. Candles are definitely big round this way at Christmas. In the big old house, we would sometimes have more than 30 lit in various candlebras and holders around the room - you hardly needed light or heat on!! We've had to pull back a bit, but candlelight is still pure Christmas to me.

I love the layers and delicious stitching, and I hope you're having a wonderful time in Wales with family and friends.
Alison xx

Sue said...

Sue this is gorgeous! I love the candle, and the stitching is just wonderful xx

Lisa M said...

it's driving me nuts that your posts are running on my sidebar, but alas, here I am again just checking in to make sure and viola, I've missed another stunner. Pardon me while I stand here and gasp and choke and sputter....
Holy crud this is GORGEOUS, Onion! All of it, every bit of it is scrumptious to the eyeballs!
Hope you're having fun.
Hugs,
Quirks

Lisa M said...

LOL..I meant NOT running on my sidebar... just to clarify

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is stunning, fabulous card!

sparkle & shine *~*

Marci said...

A beautiful, traditional card! I would love to see Wales, the pictures I have seen on TV look so green!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

This card is so pretty, love composition!!

Pamellia Johnson said...

Oh wow Sue, this is just gorgeous! Love the text background with the real stitching, such a great backdrop! Your candle is beautiful with the rustic foliage and the twine, such an amazing Christmas make! hugs :)

Greta said...

I love that stamp & oh my goodness what a gorgeous card you've made! I love everything you did, Sue!

Rosemary said...

absolutely amazing, sue... all the texture and detailing just takes my breath away!