Sep 17, 2014

White on White Wedding card.

Hello Everyone,

I have been up to my neck in paints and mediums the last few weeks, completing projects for my design teams- (all two of them.) I have said on many occasions that I am slow in my design and construction of projects, but it is not because I find it arduous, on the contrary I enjoy every minute of the messy process. But...ha there is always a BUT.
I always need to create something clean and elegant after all the chaos of mixed media.

So today I have a lovely tall Wedding card.
The Bg is wet embossed using a Heart stamp and White embossing powder.

The heart was cut free hand, then laces applied with a ribbon rose on the top right.
Die cut a flourish and added the florist pearls to finish. 
Simplicity is sometimes very pleasing to the eye.


Crafty Cardmakers has the perfect Challenge for this delight: Ribbons/Lace and Pearls
So off it goes to join the many wonderful entries, I think it will sit quite happily amongst the other admissions.

Back to get dirty again now... do you want a little peek to tempt your interest?
Full reveal in a couple of months!

Smiles:)
Sue

22 comments:

Greta said...

Amazing how you can create such gorgeous projects in totally different styles! This is over the top, my friend!

J said...

What a gorgeous card - I really like the white on white effect here. Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More...

Brenda Brown said...

Beautifully elegant Sue, love the white on white and I am intrigued with your messy peek.
Hugs Brenda xxx

joy said...

Very pretty wedding card, Sue! I love that background and the pretty rose embellishment on the heart.

Evelyn S. said...

How elegant! I love white-on-white, and this is a fabulous white creation...but with wonderful textures and sparkle!

Barb said...

Lace and pearls and shimmer, OH ,MY! This is gorgeous, Sue!

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow!!! Don't know how you manage it, white on white.... this is stunning and so elegant! And now of course I can't wait to see the next piece...

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful and elegant wedding card Sue lovely the lace and pearls

Anne

Dawn Turley said...

a very elegant card Sue but still with all your beautiful texture.

Rosemary said...

your wedding card is simply stunning, sue... it might be clean and elegant, but it still contains essential "sue elements"... texture and beautifully place elements! hugs!

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wow, this is just stunning! I am loving your white on white and that heart is beyond gorgeous!! Love every bit of it!!

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!
Hugs Pamellia DT :)

Ira Huberts said...

Gosh, you couldn't have made a finer wedding card than this Sue, really love the elegant background and the heart is tremendously beautiful and delicate. Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Marci said...

Beautiful, elegant.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's an elegant card.

Josephine said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love all the texture.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

Mary J said...

Once again you've created a masterpiece, Sue! The texture, the sheen - I just want to touch this!

Lisa M said...

Pssst...guess who? :D I've been on a break for awhile but now I'm back and getting caught up and it's truly wonderful to see my very talented friend posting such incredible makes with such a wide variety of genres and ideas. This wedding card is exactly the kick in the pants I need. I'm planning my In-laws 50th anniversary and really needed a visual "push." This is just the elegant and enticing bit I needed.
Your work blows me away Onion. You are such a hoot to read and see the final works and OH MY GOSH..What a tease that is you left. Holy crud...can't wait to see that one!
Hugs to you and happy weekend.
Quirks :)

Anita Houston said...

This is beyond gorgeous! Pure elegance and that lace heart is fabulous!

RosA said...

Absolutely stunning! So elegant!
Thanks for your very kind comment about my Autumn canvas. It is much appreciated :)

Juliz Design Post said...

Thanks for your comment today at Countryview. Love white on white cards, so elegant. I did one too for my last post.
Happy Crafting, Julie x

Kim x said...

Beautiful Sue, very elegant. Thanks for joining our latest challenge at CCM&More.
Hugs Kimx

Becca Cruger said...

How stunningly elegant! I love the shimmer in the background! Thanks for sharing.