Sep 1, 2014

Nautical Card.

Hello Everyone.
At Country View Crafts we are going Nautical, and the team has produced some wonderful inspiration for you, please pop over to the blog and have a browse.
I have to admit to having a mild panic attack when I read the theme for this month and had a  temporary brain freeze. Do you ever get them?
I am certainly being Challenged  as a Dt member, but it is good for me as I do tend to stick within my comfort zone more often than I like.

My inspiration was obtained from G45 paper.

 I cut a mix of the G45 papers to create the strip Bg.
  Used my Cricut to cut the Sea-Horse and the Compass Rose and painted them up.
  For the next Bg, I dry embossed with the Dots texture fade and also wet embossed with utee, unfortunately it does not show up too well.
 I finished off the compass by adding the metal ships wheel.
The twine configuration was intended to be a fancy knot but my fingers would not co-operate and so I compromised and settled for this design; unique if nothing else.
 To complete the card it was just a case of layering everything up.
The stitch border punch is from Fiskars which unfortunately is discontinued.
Click on pics for closer detail.
The 'Nautical' Challenge at Country View Craft can be found here if you wish to enter.

Would like to enter this into:
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge: Make an impression (dry embossing.)


Smiles:)
Sue.

Products used.


20 comments:

Doreen said...

Love this,great details,fab seahorse.xxx

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous card depicting the nautical theme Sue, I love the colours and patterns you used to bring your design together and the wonderful textures.
Have a great week.
hugs Brenda xx

Dawn Turley said...

A great card Sue. Love how you have added your own touch with the fabulous texture and colour. Glad you jumped outside your comfort zone as this is a stunner.

aussie aNNie said...

Sue this is a great piece of art...love the nautical goodies and am wondering how you cut these on the cricut...was it a cartridge? I print and cut on the cameo but didn't know you could do this on the cricut...just curious.xxThe Journey is the Start

aussie aNNie said...

Sue thanks for your explanation...duh I had a blonde moment lol, I have SCAL too and because I have not used it for a while I thought how clever you were, well you are as this is just gorgeous....as yes can do on the cameo which is what I do...xxxThe Journey is the Start

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous nautical piece Sue, so cleverly put together, the sea horse looks amazing and I just love the clever addition of the string!!

Joan said...

I absolutely love this, amazing colours and the whole composition is just fab plus that gorgeous seahorse is so beautiful

Jennie Atkinson said...

A fabulous nautical composition Sue - lots of wonderful details and great colour combinations. Love it!! (Sorry to have given you a minor panic!!) xxxx

Susan Carol said...

Beautiful card. I love the texture and the colours you used. The seahorse is wonderful.

Sue said...

This is fab Sue, I love the colours and the twine is a brilliant finishing touch xx

Ira Huberts said...

Gorgeous card, you have used such wonderful colours and textures again Sue, and to emboss the seahorse is so smart, great effect! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Rosemary said...

another stunner, sue... could not tell this was outside your comfort zone, at all! love your "unique" knot!! smiles!

Greta said...

Hi Sue--wowzer--what a great creation using strips of the pp & your twine looks fabulous! You always amaze me!

cheryl Baker said...

oh Sue hun this is stunning the colors textures and detail masterpiece hun love it hugs cheryl xxx

Dee Adams said...

I really love this card, the balance of the colours & the texture it comes together beautifully. Dee x

Julie Reed said...

Fabulous, love the way the seahorse has been embossed looks great, thanks for sharing with us at CCM&M.
Jules DT:)

J said...

I love these colours - you have created a stunning card. The seahorse is wonderful and the texture really works. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Crafty Cardmakers and more

Jackie

Lin said...

This is gorgeous Sue! Love what you did with the seahorse. So nice to see you bobbing over from the 'other team'

Thanks for joining us


Thanks for sharing with us

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

butterfly said...

What a fabulous improvisation on the nautical theme - brilliant deployment of the papers, the compass looks stunning - and I love the seahorse toning in with the colours - a delight!
Alison xx

Sara Barker said...

Great card! I love your seahorse and your knot!