Sep 27, 2014

Nautical #2 with a little shabbiness.

Hello Everyone.
 The Nautical theme Challenge at Country View Crafts.
  And for my second inspirational piece this month, I have a little shabby going on around my nautical compass.
I shall take you through the steps on how this wall hanging came together.
Inking up the Bg in distress inks; scattered straw and vintage photo.
Compass templates cut on the cricut machine.
Marking and inking with a pitt pen.
Stamping the text and inking the edges.
 Embellishments; these are just scraps that I have in a box on my desk.
 I altered the anchor with Alcohol Inks.
Inked the bird then applied a coating of multi medium .
The dial also altered with Alcohol Inks .  
I wanted more texture, so mounted the card onto burlap and chipboard.
Finished off with more embellishments; glass beads and sequins etc.
 Remember you can click on images for close-up views.
If you want to enter the Country View Crafts Challenge - click.
Have a great day,
Smiles:)
Sue

11 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh this is brilliant Sue and such a great use of all those little bits we have flying around our desks.... Love how you arranged it all around the central nautical elements, clever and beautiful! Great step by step too!

Dawn Turley said...

Awesome Sue. As always you're a master of the shabby chic. An amazing wall hanging. ♡

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

So beautiful, out of the box thinking :) love it!!

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant nautical creation with lots of beauty and colours. Lovely design used as well.xxx
aNNie The Journey is the Start


Rosemary said...

your works of art always amaze me sue... I could look at them over and over and find a new detail each time! and what amazes me is ability you have to put all types of media together and make it look like it was all meant to be together!! that is something I don't think I could ever do... I would just end up with a mess, lol!! so... as usual you have created a stunning piece of art! hugs!!

Barb said...

WOW!! Fabulous work, Sue, as always! So much texture and detail! Love it!

Greta said...

You never cease to amaze me, Sue! This is one of my favorites "Sue" projects! Love the colors, embellishments, text background stamping--everything! A masterpiece, my friend!

Lisa M said...

Well dadgum! You make me want to set sail on the SS Onion with her billowing shabby chic sails and textured floors with our tailored Pirate suits all sewn to perfection. This is truly a FUN and inspiring piece. Do you suppose we would pilfer for sequins, beads, and inks of the Orient? Oh what fun that would be!!! :) Absolutely love this Sue. It made me smile from ear to ear.
HUGS!!
Yer matie, Q

Ira Huberts said...

Gorgeous gorgeous miss Sue! Always love seeing your step-by-step tutorials, you truly are a fab mixed media artist! Hugs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

Angela Radford said...

love this Sue, gorgeous detail, images and colours.
Happy crafting, Angela x

Evelyn S. said...

As always, Sue, the devil is in the details...and you do them so well! That background is such a perfect beginning to this project, but I LOVE the blue!