Aug 17, 2014

Word Play #2

Hello Everyone,
For my second project for the WorD pLaY Challenge at Country View Crafts, I created a Mixed Media Plaque.

 
 As always I paint up the substrate; this is a piece of chipboard which was covered in Black Gesso then some paint.
 I wanted the words in the centre so kept it White.
The flower has been cut from a serviette and mod podged.
 I used a border stamp and stamped in White Ink.
Marked an inner border using a Black Pitt Pen.
Cut the Key and word on the cricut, and altered with Black and Gold paints.
 Added computer generated words.
Die cut flowers from Vellum
Coloured them in distress stains.
Layering the flower.

Attached the leaves and a little glossy accents.
 Darkened the edges and it is finished.
The Challenge can be found here.
Have a good day,
Smiles:)
Sue

13 comments:

froebelsternchen Susi said...

just AMAZING!!!

Jolanda said...

awesome:0)
grtz Jolanda

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning!! I adore the mixed media background! The effect of the black gesso looks wonderful! Love all the additional elements, a great make!!

Dawn Turley said...

As usual Sue, you do amazing projects. This looks completely stunning. Thanks for sharing your process too.

cheryl Baker said...

oh hun I love your work stunning,the detail elements dimension just works to perfection love this too bits,hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

Jennie Atkinson said...

Amazing piece Sue - the background is stunning and would look good just on its own! The vellum flower is fabulous and works so well with all the other details. Love it! Jennie x

Evelyn S. said...

Sue....this is YOUR medium...or multitude of mediums (should that be "media"?)! Beautiful...absolutely beautiful. That substrate is fascinating in itself, and your choice of the 'frame" and the words works so well. Love that flashy flower, too.

Greta said...

From chipboard to masterpiece--truly a work of art, Sue! I especially love the white border & that incredible flower! Never would have thought to use the stains on vellum, but now I will!

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow... Sue, the background colors and textures you created are fabulous! Love the gorgeous flowers, too. This is an amazing piece! :)

Lisa M said...

Just in for a minute to see what I've missed and I will come back to this to stare for a very long time, but as of now...I'm on the FLOOR!!! This is unbelievably wonderful Onion. It vies for the #1 spot. I LOVE THIS. Excellent example of word play...SUCH a great project my friend. :)
hugs to you,
Quirks

aussie aNNie said...

Super card and texture.xxThe Journey is the Start

Anita Houston said...

Hi Sue...sorry it's been a while! LOVE LOVE LOVE the key here...it looks so real and dimensional! The background is fabulous as well, and you design wonderfully! Gorgeous piece!

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous mixed media plaque Sue, I love the textures and elements you have used on it.
hugs Brenda xx