Aug 11, 2014

Grumpy Sue and a card.

Hello Everyone,
I am not a grumpy person by nature but this morning I was very very grumpy, I can almost admit to turning into a deranged person for a brief time and over a minor episode that involved a courier delivery. Let me set the scene.
Cold, no, freezing morning. (well not quite but it sounds better.)
Up at 6am, shower, dressed by 7.10am ( Yes, I'm slow.)
Expecting the courier man anytime as he always comes between 7-8am.
I am in the lounge at 7.15am, great I thought I have not missed him.
8.45am check it was not left outside..... On opening the door the innocuous card fluttered down .... Expostulations!!! The diatribe was shouted at this inconspicuous person none of it pleasing to the ear. Not quite apoplectic at this stage, but near enough.
The phone call was not good, and oh dear I actually blasphemed, and I do not blaspheme as I always think it is totally unnecessary; I believe one can always get one's point of view across without the Red word. Hmmm, well I failed miserably today, and I felt dreadful afterwards as it was not the receptionists fault.
The resolution, I have my package, but I had to pick it up myself. I did apologise to the receptionist, she was very understanding of my complaint (That he did not knock the door.)
The whole episode is quite pathetic really when you read it in text. I asked myself why I was so upset, and I can only say that it was because I especially got up at this ungodly hour of the day on a cold winters morning, probably still a little tired and who knows what other emotional responses were going on in my head at the time...I cannot explain why I reacted like I did, just as well I was on my own!

The end.
And now a card, for your pleasure and mine.

Three little  hearts and how symbolic they are Red.

White embossed Bg, with lace, stitching and diecut.

Hope you all have a better Monday morning, the photo below lifted my spirits.

Entering into these Challenges:
Stamping Sensations: Anything Goes. 
The Crafting Cafe: Photo Inspiration.
And also, Tando Creative: Lovely Layers.

Smiles:)
Sue

21 comments:

Greta said...

I know it wasn't funny, but now reading your tale does give me a chuckle! I do totally understand the getting up early on a cold day being not a great start--LOL! Your card is another favorite--I love the embossed background & those fabulous layered hearts!

Astrid Maclean said...

Certainly gave me a smile too, - been there, done that on all scores and really, really understand how you were feeling!

Glad it all ended well, I was waiting for the package to be damaged or something, so at least all's well that ends well.

Your card is lovely, love those red hearts and the stitching looks wonderful!

Dawn Turley said...

goodness me Sue... wish I was a fly on the wall... I can not imagine you losing the plot like this. You are one of the most patient calmest people I know :-) Glad there was a good outcome though. I have to say it was rather chilly this morning. Your card is so pretty Sue.

Angela Radford said...

Love the card Sue and I fully understand how you felt. Something like this happened to us. We were in the house waiting for the postman, knowing the parcel would arrive on that day, needing it to arrive that day Lol!
I happened to go to the door and there was the card saying he could not deliver and we had to wait 24 hours before we could pick it up from the sorting office, very frustrating. Why didn't he knock? who knows.
Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous creation and super colours as always.xxThe Journey is the Start

Karen Gist said...

Sorry Sue, but I did titter to myself as I read that :D This sort of thing happens a lot in the UK but I just loved the way you wrote it my lovely!!! A beautiful card and thank you for joining us over at Tando x

Chris Warner said...

I laughed, sorry Sue, even more sorry because I've had the same thing happen myself and it is INFURIATING when you've been there waiting for that knock on the door. One of the regular couriers here actually leaves parcels in..... wait for it.... my DUSTBIN! I've complained to the company, they tell me that he shouldn't be doing it and they'll tell him but STILL he does it! Arrgghhh! One of these days....!

To your beautiful card..... it's gorgeous! I love the simple elegance of it and the stitchwork, just FAB! Chris xxx

Joan said...

Hope your day improved Sue, it's happened to me too and it makes me so mad*#*£@ ! Love your hearts card

Ira Huberts said...

S*&^^T happens Sue ;-) Sorry, hope you don't mind, but I couldn't help but chuckle at your story ;-) but at least you have your parcel! I think we all can relate to moments like that! Your heart card is gorgeous, love these shapes! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Mary J said...

I can't imagine you getting upset, Sue! We all have to let it all out sometimes though!

Your card is just brilliant - love the vibrancy and layering!

Rosemary said...

oh my goodness, sue! I can totally relate to your situation as I think a lot of us can, lol! and you know what... it is okay. your card is just gorgeous by the way! big hugs and smiles!!

Dawn Lancaster said...

So sorry you had a bad day! I love love love your card though! Great take on the inspiration photo! Thanks for playing at The Crafting Cafe this time!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Evelyn S. said...

Oh, so sorry about that unfortunate start! But the hearts card....fabulous! Love the patterned papers you used...and the BG and stitching are wonderful.

Lucyna Marynowska said...

Cheer up, your project is stunning!

Kaz said...

Lovely card, but what a nightmare with the courier!! Thanks for joining us at Tando this month.

Lou said...

Lovely card Sue. Thanks for joining in with our challenge over at The Crafting Café. x

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

So to hear about your troubles Sue. I think we've all been there! I love your card. The textured layers are fantastic and I love the pop of red. Thanks for joining the Tando Creative Challenge! :)

Marlene Atkinson said...

A lovely card, great take on the Photo. Thank you for sharing with us at the Crafting Cafe Challenge. Marlene DT

Eret said...

Despite the bad morning your card looks stunning. Love the texture and these colors. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x

Amanda Curtin said...

Lovely card, and a good antidote to grumpiness! Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Cafe. Ax

Brenda Brown said...

Oh Sue I can't imagine you being grumpy but I know how frustrating it is when you get yourself organised for a delivery and it doesn't happen. Love your card and interpretation of the photo. Great job.
hugs Brenda xx