Jun 5, 2014

Tempting Treats #5- Altered Box

Hello Everyone, 
Well the day has arrived; the last of the Technicolour Trio and Tempting Treats. Challenges with my special friends, Lisa and Mitra.
It has been a wonderful 6weeks of creating and interpreting the complex and sometimes obscure challenges. The process for me has been so enjoyable, it leaves me feeling centred and connected. The next step is to remove the blocks of forcing things and becoming to outcome focused. This is not easy for me.
So for this final Challenge the requirements are:

Week #5-Project F.
#1- Altered Box or ATB.
#2- Wings
#3- Game pieces
#4- Seasonal display- Pick a season you like.


My favourite season is Christmas, so I chose the G45-12 Days of Christmas paper to decorate my box.


I painted up the box in iridescent Gold and edged in Bronze.
Gathered the selection of papers and elements, making some Tags and punching some borders.
 Printed a Fairy onto Tissue paper for the Wings requirement, even though there is a bird on the paper.
Covered the sides of the Box and attached the Fairy and added rub-ons, red pearls and glitter.

Now for the fun part.
Painting up the Tim Holtz Poinsettia Die and the puzzle pieces with a mix of Gold and bronze paints, then stamping a text in Archival Ink on top.
I then dry embossed and added a Vintage Brad to complete the flower.
All that was left was to start layering up to finish off my design. 

 I also painted up the metal cross.

If you click on the pics you will notice prima flowers, bling, burlap, washi tape, lace and rub-ons. 
And there you have it, the last creation for this year in conjunction with Lisa and Mitra.
A miscellany of  unrelated items combined to make a festive representation of  Christmas.

I just want to finish off by thanking my two buddies in participating so creatively in these Challenges,  I think I can honestly say they have pushed me to navigate through the mish mash of requirements and achieve good results, the process has enabled me to leap frog  over the obstacles of creating.

Please hop across and pay Lisa and Mitra a visit and view their flair and originality.

Smiles:)
Sue


13 comments:

Greta said...

Oh wow--what an ending piece you've made, Sue! One of my all-time favorites! Christmas is my favorite holiday, too. That flower is stunning--something I plan to case--& I love the lace & dry embossed blue & white paper with the snowflakes!

Barb said...

Oh, my! So many amazing details and textures on this gorgeous box, Sue! LOVE IT!!

Brenda Brown said...

Love the elements you put together to meet the requirements of your challenge Sue. Christmas is one of my favourite times of the year too and this box has all the charm of a nostalgic festive season xxx

Chris Warner said...

Wow! This is stunning Sue, fabulous decorative elements all brought together so beautifully to create this seasonal treat box. What a wonderful centrepiece it will make when Christmas arrives. GORGEOUS! Chris xxx

Dawn Turley said...

A real stunner Sue. Such amazing elements and texture. This is a masterpiece.

Lisa M said...

I'll be the first to tell you that I am READY for snow. I can't stand heat and Summer has just begun, so I'm in for the long haul, but seeing your so way, way, way, WAY, incredible Christmas box has me drawing patience and excitement for the best season of the year here, WINTER! I'm in la-la land with your altered box, Onion. Like you, I was drawn immediately to the stitching and then had a great laugh with the little fairy, 'even though there's a bird on the paper', but the fairy adds that childhood mystical magic that we all remember so well. The papers are GORGEOUS and the way you made the border so that more paper peeks out...fabulous. Absolutely LOVE the metal cross and that list, oh those numbers that help me recall the endless requests I left for Old St.Nick. Puzzle pieces?? I think that's brilliant. Two fold, meets the requirements, but also something that could be left under the tree...so excellent idea there and lastly...the most incredible looking handmade flower!!!!!! You missed nothing on it. Every bit of your time and attention to detail has created a stunning looking traditional holiday embellishment with a twist of shabby chic!
Sue, I've already said it, but I'll say it again...it's been a true pleasure to work with you ladies again this year. I've been smiling from ear to ear for the last 6 weeks and I'm already excited to imagine what ideas we'll trump up for next year.
Biggest of hugs to you,
Quirks :)

Rosemary said...

your box is just gorgeous, sue! your ability to combine elements, textures and media always leaves me a bit speechless, but always dazzled. while this little chapter of creativity has end i know that you will continue to astound us with other amazing works of art! hugs & smiles!

Mitra Pratt said...

WHAT a lovely lovely box! I am so glad you added that little fairy with the glittery wings! She made me extra happy! Just so many lovely pretty details on this box and in six months you will remember our challenge extra fondly because you'll be busy AND have a awesome cool box to display! LOVELY LOVELY Time hanging with you girls!!!!

Mitra Pratt said...

EEEEK! Love that fairy even more! had to go back for another look see! HUGS!!!

Ira Huberts said...

Your altered Christmas box is gorgeous Sue, really love how you combined papers, embellishments in order to create something this pretty, well done! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

butterfly said...

It's been a treat watching the creativity take flight with all three of you - and this festive altered box is an absolute treat of a finale. So many details and textures and delights... wowzer! Can't wait for next year!!
Alison xx

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow... this box is gorgeous, Sue. I love every details on this piece. The textures and the colors are fabulous. It's so fun and inspirational. :)

cheryl Baker said...

oh hun this is amazing,loving all the steps of how you created it,and then we get to the final picture and wow amazing sweetie love graphic 45 hugs Cherylxxxx