Jun 1, 2014

A Masculine card from me!!!

Hello  Everyone,
 A day of firsts for me, having been on this earth for more than half a century, I don't have too many first's left, that I am able to experience!
It is the first day of June and the first occasion for me to be part of the


Yes, they picked me to be on their Design Team and I was so happy, but then I received the theme for my first project and to introduce myself to all and make a good first impression- 'Only Men Allowed!' Unfortunately this theme was a road block, as many of you are aware I don't do Masculine! 
However, after a mild panic attack I challenged myself to think with my right side of the brain as opposed to my usual left; analytical and logical, so looking for more creativity and spontaneity and hopefully interact the both regions to produce a  piece of work that is acceptable, I sat at the table and froze.
Like many artists I suffer from pre-conceived ideas and fears limiting my performance to create freely. I knew I needed to change my perspective to get new ideas, as we always tend to return to the comfort of what we know and enjoy, and I am no different. 
I did eventually create a card.
Apologies for no step by step but I was really winging it!
So here I am with my Male card for my first sample for CVC  June Challenge-
 "Only Men Allowed"

The Steam punk technique, with cogs and gears which were cut on the Cricut, with G45 paper, corrugated card stock for the layers and the little clock face as the main element of interest.

The sentiment was the perfect finish to my approach to this first Challenge.


You may ask, 'do I like what I have made' ? I have to be honest and say, not particularly but I am very pleased with myself  for successfully designing a masculine themed card.
I need to make more to be better, in fact my second one which will be up later this month is far easier on th eye, well I think so anyhow.
More interesting ones can be viewed from my fellow design team here
 Pay them a visit, and join in the Challenge.

 Thank you for visiting,
Smiles:)
Sue

19 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

Fabulous Sue. You're done an awesome job on this one. Graphic 45 do great paper for masculine cards. Congrats on your new DT position. You'll rock it!

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant Sue, LOVE your masculine make! So many gorgeous textures and layers, - fantastic and welcome aboard!!

cheryl Baker said...

oh wow hun this is brilliant love this to bits all the layers and elements work brilliantly hugs Cherylxxxxx well done on your new DT post too hunny xxx

Ira Huberts said...

That is one fab entry Sue, you have done great in your first challenge on the new team, so you can rest assured, if ever a new masculine theme comes up you won't be having any issues with it for you can handle it girl! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Martina2801 said...

Love your steampunk creation, Sue! Unique and beautiful!

Marci said...

Great masculine card!

Joan said...

You done good girl! Great card, loads of textures and elements,very masculine

butterfly said...

Fabulous focal image, beautifully tinted, and I love all those textures and steampunk cogs and gears - great card! Lovely to be on the team with you!!
Alison xx

Buttons said...

So pleased to see you on the Design Team! Huge congratulations Sue - a well deserved appointment. To say you don't do men this is superb. Those cogs and gears really make this. Jenny x

Arlene said...

Well, I certainly LOVE it! Fantastic guy card. Congrats on the DT spot too!

Rosemary said...

for someone who doesn't "do masculine" you sure created an amazing work of art! can't wait to see the other card you made!

Doreen said...

Wow a fabulous male creation,love all the layers and fabulous texture,looking forward to working alongside you.xxx

Greta said...

Huge congrats on your new DT assignment, my friend! You nailed the masculine card requirement--this is wonderful! Love the clock face & the gears & the sentiment!

Lisa M said...

Biggest of congratulations to you Onion! I'm so happy for you and your masculine take is quite outstanding for someone who suffered from self inflicted immobility ;)
I would have thought those cogs were real and the way you designed the card makes it rather look 'deep' like a shadow box. I cannot wait to see your future unveilings.
Hugs to you my friend,
Quirks

Chris Warner said...

I love what you've created here Sue, a stunning and creative make! Very impressive! Chris xxx >:o)

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow.... congratulations on your new DT position, Sue. Your creations are always so creative and gorgeous. Love this fantastic masculine card. All the colors and textures are totally awesome. Looking forward to seeing more beautiful projects from you. Love :)

Brenda Brown said...

It's great to be part of the same design team with you Sue and well done on getting through those first fears of creating a masculine card. I can't believe you were winging this as it's perfectly designed with fabulous elements for a man. Great job xxx

Juliz Design Post said...

Hi Sue, Great masculine card and nice to know you panicked in the same way as I did with this challenge but you certainly pulled it off, great design. Congrats on being part of the DT at CVC.
Julie x

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Wow, Sue, so many grungy layers, what a great make! It has won you a follower ;) Have a nice weekend! Ingrid x