May 29, 2014

Tempting Treats # 4- Triptych

Hello Everyone,
Back home from our weeks break, hope to catch up with you all soon. In the meantime spend a few minutes perusing here.


Technicolour Trio and Tempting Treats.
Week 4- Project D. 
#1-Triptych.
#2-Drips and Drops.
#3- Inchies.
#4- Configuration of Frames.

Well how are you all enjoying these Challenges so far? I do hope you are finding some inspiration even though the Challenges are quite complicated and involved, it has certainly helped me to pull on all my reserves to include all the required elements.
This is the penultimate project, and I find it sad that there is only one more week left for these Challenges, but next month is going to be exciting for me, tell you about it later.

I made this for Scarlett.
I made my collection of frames and inchies from
  G45 paper and some painted embossed paper.

Plaque #1.
Plaque #2.
Plaque #3. 
 Close up.



The Triptych.
Thank you for visiting today, please hop across to Lisa and Mitra's  Blogs and have a look at their interpretation, they are creating some very unique pieces, which are well and truly out of the box and will inspire many of you.

Products used:



Last Challenge next week, looking forward to it.
Smiles:)
Sue

13 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning! Love how you put this together, great make!!

Annie said...

Hi Sue :-) this is a fabulous tryptich hanging and the dies/details are wonderful. I love the colours and the centres are amazing x TFS
Annie x

Ps I love your blog name....brilliant x

Lisa M said...

Okay, read through the post twice and now I'm on pins and needles for next week's news!! So glad you had a wonderful time relaxing on your vacation; at least I hope you did and as for this incredibly festive triptych ensemble...I feel like getting my Christmas tree out! Oh wait, I still haven't taken it down, but WOO HOO, now I'm inspired to decorate it. Scarlett is such a lucky lucky girl to have you for a grandmother. Her room must be lavished with lovely artistic gifts from you. These frames are fabulous with their elements in common and yet each holds a special detail of the blessed holiday. I applaud you for your never ending gumption through ALL of these challenges. You have awed me the entire way through.
Hugs to you,
Quirks xx

Evelyn S. said...

That's a lot of work...and a lot of detail, Sue! And you stitched around those little squares? I really don't think that I could achieve what you have done.

Dawn Turley said...

stunning project Sue. I can imagine you had heaps of fun making the frames. Hope you had fun on your break away. Less than two weeks before I head over to Aussie myself for a weeks visit with my girl! Looking forward to your next project.

Stamps and Paper said...

Wow Sue what a fabulous project, love the texures and images you've used and your colours are stunning

Anne

Chris Warner said...

This is GORGEOUS Sue! I love the colours and the attention to detail in the layering, a fab collection of papers and patterns too. Chris xxx

Rosemary said...

your triptych is absolutely gorgeous, sue!! scarlett is one lucky little girl to have a gramma as creative as you who makes her such wonderful decorative pieces and albums!

Mitra Pratt said...

THAT is absolutely delicious looking! So lovely those textures! I am always in AWE of what you make! The colors, the textures! I really like the flow on this piece, it makes me happy! And looking at the little frames even happier! SUPER cool! I am so sad we only have one more week! SIGH! I will miss us!

Meihsia Liu said...

Oh my, Sue, this is such a stunning creation. I love the gorgeous textures and colors you created. Those inches are totally amazing. Fantastic design! :)

Greta said...

Wow--that is one lucky little girl having such a talented & loving grandma! This holiday wall-hanging is fabulous--love the colors, images, fancy dies & your stitching!

Mary J said...

I really need to do some mixed media work - your work is always so inspiring! It's amazing what you make out of normal items!

Ira Huberts said...

All these lovely details, you have made an absolutely gorgeous wall hanging Sue, just so very pretty! Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner