May 8, 2014

Tempting Treats #2- A Vintage and Shabby Piece.

Hello Everyone,
Technicolour Trio and Tempting Treats Challenge: 

Week 2 -Project B.
#1 Monochromatic.
#2 Cheesecloth.
#3 Domino.
#4 Sculpey Clay.
 I went Vintage and Shabby chic, as this genre is a very safe option for me.
The hiccup, the domino on my creation. 
For a start I did not own any, I rang around my friends with no luck, I thought about making one, but in the end I went out and bought a box of them!


Adding the elements.
The  Complete Wall Plaque.

This is a delicious Shabby chic piece, with a touch of Vintage appeal, I hope it is inspiring, I loved working on it, as it satiated my need to cover and leave no stone unturned when it came to adding elements. I did not want to stop!!!
Please hop along to view Quirks and Mitza's creations, and view their interpretation of this 2nd  Challenge.




Thank you so much for your visit today.
 Smiles:)
 Sue.

15 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous project Sue, love all the gorgeous textures you added, love the gorgeous leafy background and those roses are so clever, lovely make all round!

cheryl said...

Oh hun this is amazing the texture and detail is just stunning love it hugs cheryl xx

20 North Ora said...

Hi Sue - Amazing altered art piece. Love all of the textures. I am new to your blog and am your newest follower.

Judy

Mary J said...

Oh wow, that is luscious, Sue! I wish I could do texture like you!

Mitra Pratt said...

OH MY GOODNESS! your step by step made my eyeballs fall out! I enjoyed every bit of it! And the pieces that make the whole, WOW! Rosebuds from cheesecloth, be STILL MY HEART! Now why didn't I think of that! Just a super awesome amazing project! Again, WOW!!!!

Hugs!

Greta said...

Incredible! I love this gorgeous wall-hanging--totally you, Sue!

Rosemary said...

simply amazing!! i love that you put the photo of you and scarlett on the domino...so very clever, sue!!

Stamps and Paper said...

Sue what a fabulous project , wonderful textures and colours

Anne

Dawn Turley said...

what a delightful piece Sue. So YOU! I can imagine you would have had a huge smile on your face when you were creating this.

butterfly said...

Utterly gorgeous, Sue - what a beautiful, textured, vintage creation. So many fabulous details... the domino and the clay-stamped sentiment are just a couple of my favourite highlights. Wonderful!
Alison x

sue said...

Stunning wall piece, Sue!! I love your previous album cover and the autumn card , too!! Enjoy your Mother's day this weekend! :)

Lisa M said...

OMG...this nearly brought me to tears. I think possibly because my Grandmother is staying with me and how wonderful that bond is and then seeing your creation for your beautiful granddaughter, it just really hit home for me.
I felt like I was sitting at a table across from you, watching you create this simply stunning shabby chic wall plaque. I am beyond happy with your stamped clay sentiment as well as the washi covered domino!! I can't believe you didn't have any. I have them coming out of my wazoo and would have sent you some! ;) This creation makes my heart happy Onion and so do you!
I'm not a teacher or a judge, but I give you an A+ on this incredibly special piece of art.
Biggest of hugs to you and sincerest of thanks for ALL the inspiration you give me.
Quirks

Diane said...

What fun textures and design.

Hugs diane

Kim x said...

Sue this is just stunning.
Such a lot of work, but so worth it.
Hugs Kimx

Marci said...

I love the embossing, the lace, the photo on the domino, all of it! Just exquisite.