Apr 14, 2014

Little Angel of mine....NOT!

Hello Everyone,
I have just returned from a shopping spree with Scarlett (5 year old grand-daughter) and I have to admit it was exhausting, poor Rob was beside himself and all he could think of was finding the nearest coffee shop.

Scarlett is a tornado and screaming hurricane compressed into a little body, and one has to keep her grounded frequently otherwise she becomes very enthusiastic about things, perhaps enthusiastic is not the right word, maybe exuberant and wacky describes her in a better light, whatever, the assistants were very tolerant, they are used to such obstreperous children no doubt, stripping herself naked and trying each item on appeared to be a normal occurrence to them, where as I for the life of me was quite bewildered when the same process was done to try on shoes... what the hell, who has to be naked to try on shoes!!!!

Anyway I survived...Just.
Little Angel she is not, but I love her to pieces.

So with that little story out of the way I will now show you the wall hanging I made her for Easter, ironically it is of a sweet girl with wings...what was I thinking.
The background behind the girl with wings was made with watercolour paints and cling wrap placed on top and left to dry, when removed a unique pattern is left, which creates a sense of movement and texture on the paper. 
The stitched Bg was stamped, and the wood veneer elements painted.
Click on images for a close up view.

Challenges:


Have a great week and thanks so much for your visit.
Smiles:)
Sue

Products used:






16 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

What a beautiful hanging a sweet image and fabulous colours

Anne

Dawn Turley said...

My goodness you were brave shopping with a human dynamo! What a delightful wall hanging

Sharyn Polesel said...

Very interesting background! I've never heard of using cling wrap over water color, but the result is stunning! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Vicki Dutcher said...

The perfect image of what you want her to be :) -- thanks for sharing the trying on shoes part -- LOL too funny. Meanwhile your card is stunning - Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

Rosemary said...

simply gorgeous, sue!! with all the texture and detail it is apparent that you are back in fine creative form for sure!! just reading about your day with scarlett made me a bit exhausted reading about it!! (thank you so much for the wonderful comment you left on my chevron card... it really made my day!)

Greta said...

Oh you gave me such a chuckle, Sue! I can just see you guys & I'd probably be off with Rob to the coffee shop--LOL! She is a darling from the picture on the side of your blog. Your wall hanging is a treasure! I'll have to try the cling wrap technique.

Brenda Brown said...

Love your story of Scarlet's outing, she sounds like a bundle of fun. Your hanging is gorgeous and I love the image and the way you have displayed her, she appears to be a little more serene than the Scarlet you have described lol xx

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is beautiful! That background is so pretty and love the technique. Also, love the story about your granddaughter! The shoes had me really laughing. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Ira Huberts said...

Wonderful story about your granddaughter Sue, made me smile! You certainly have made her a wonderful hanging with this darling image, she'll hug you bigtime for it! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Mary J said...

I wonder if she takes after your side or your husband's side, Sue?!

A really gorgeous wall hanging - I love your originality!

Lisa M said...

LOLOL...I think you probably described how my grandparents felt about me! I laughed so completely at this post and I'm in awe of your creation yet again.
You make textures ever so appealing!!
hugs,
Quirks

Meihsia Liu said...

Oh, this little angel is super sweet! Love your beautiful creation with the gorgeous colors and textures. Scarlett is so lucky to have a grandparent like you. :)

Lisa Kind said...

Your story is so funny! I know of a little like this too! Yes they are exhausting but you've got to love 'em! And your card is beautiful! Love the watercolored bg! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

dragonllew said...

What a lovely wall hanging and story to go with it thanks for joining our charming challenge at Totally Gorjuss this week.
Jenny x

Marci said...

I laughed out loud! I just got a mental picture of bewildered grandma and grandpa with a naked five year old trying on shoes. The wall hanging is so sweet, I like how you used the seed beads.

Marci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.