Feb 17, 2014

Texture plus plus.

Hello Everyone.
The 'Les Fleurs' doily from Couture Creations is large, I loved how it cut so cleanly without wax paper on my Big Shot. It lends itself beautifully to make a pretty card.


Altering the doily after it was cut, by smooshing with distress paints; dab two colours of paint onto your mat, spritz with water then run the doily through, may need a few runs to have the desired effect. (dry between each run.)
 I then versa-marked a few areas straight from the pad and applied Aged Rose embossing powder and set with a heat gun.
 Layers add dimension and interest, so the Tulip was stamped with versamark and clear embossed, coloured up then fussy cut. 
The cut circle was smooshed in the left over paint on White card stock and dry embossed.
The small centre cut is from the doily die, and this was stamped with text.
 Adding the finishing touches:  
And of course for me it has to be more texture; lace and stitching.



Have a great week.
Smiles:)
Sue

Products used:




14 comments:

Sandy said...

Gorgeous - Bravo!!!!
Sandy

Joan said...

Lovely card and a great idea to use the doily as a stencil!

cheryl Baker said...

oh this is really beautiful hun,really lovely effect hugs Cherylxxxxx

Rosemary said...

stunning card, sue... love how you used the die cut doily as a stencil!! hugs!

Dawn Turley said...

stunning Sue. What a pity Scottie's isn't keeping up with it's DT even if the shop is closing.

Brenda Brown said...

Live the stencilling with the die cut and you have created a beautiful card xx

Ira Huberts said...

Lovely idea to use the doily as a stencil, love the outcome Sue! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Evelyn S. said...

It's such a lovely doily effect, Sue! Beautiful, happy colors, too.

butterfly said...

Gorgeous double doily work - I love the texture paste effect!
Alison x

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow Sue, gorgeous, gorgeous card! Love the double doily effect and such pretty colours!!

Anita Houston said...

Stitching, stenciling, roses, and gorgeous color...this beauty has it all! LOVE that doily!!!

Greta said...

Really stunning creation, Sue! I love the colors & the lace & using the doily in 2 ways on the same card--fabulous!

Lisa M said...

Leave it to you to show how to get more bang for your buck!!! That's always the most fun of crafting is seeing how versatile one item can be and you do the best job of thinking up ideas. Today is my day to spend in my craft room and I've been able to catch up on my favorite blogs and I saved the very best for last as I couldn't wait to really sit and enjoy all you've been up to! I've missed so many posts, but I'm drooling in anticipation of what I'll see next.
Hugs to you Onion...
Off I go to see more.
Your card is beautiful :)
Quirks

Greta said...

I so appreciate your message on my post & here's the reply I wrote:
Thank you, dear friend! You've been one of the major encouraging forces in my journey--even though our styles are so different & your artistic talents are at such a higher level than mine. Casing one of your cards is probably not in the realm of possibility, but you are the one to show me the beauty of dry embossing a stamped image. I never would have tried that & now it's one of my favorite looks. Hugs, Greta