Jan 6, 2014

Gorgeous Poppy!

Hello Everyone.
Two Posts Today- continuing to scroll down for my other project.
 
Back into the craft room for me after the Christmas festivities.
This card I have for you is not as you think; The Poppy flower, it  does have some poppies but it is a digital image from  Delicious Doodles. named Poppy that is the Star here.
 Just before Christmas I won the Challenge at Quirky Crafts with my G45 decorated box, and this lovely little thing was my prize plus a guest designer spot today on their Blog.

Now those who know me are probably bewildered that I would even work with a digi image and you will be correct in your assumption, though having said this I have coloured up a few in the past, but it is a very rare occurrence.
 I will be the first to concede that I am not confident in colouring images. However, the Challenge was set and I took it on with my usual aplomb; head first as opposed to straight up! 
The Challenge is 'Eyes Wide Open'  you can find all the details here, 
and if you love working with these types of images then pop across as they have great sponsors.

One has to admit she is lovely and demure, and suits a Birthday card  for a wide age group.

Framing her with spellbinders dies, fussy cutting the poppies, placing stickles in her hair and using Faber-Castell Markers for the colouring hopefully compliments her beauty, my work is not perfect unfortunately, but I did enjoy the many attempts of painting her up, this is the best one of numerous attempts and the one I was most happy with to make up my card.
I hope you like her. 

Take this badge for you blog if you like to play Quirky!Products-SB Labels Two. 

12 comments:

  1. I think the colouring is great - and those poppies are so vivid!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo on your colouring up, it looks good to me and such a pretty card.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful, Sue, as is your card! Congrats on the well-deserved win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Sue. I'm a big fan of the digis and I'm impressed with you use of this one. You can still use all your textures with digi stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Onion!!
    I thought perhaps blogger had redirected me to someone else's blog when I saw that digi..LOL..however, NO...it's you, it's really YOU! I jest, but in truth, you've tackled it with a mixed media flair and she looks sensational with those deep green eyes and blonde hair and vibrant poppies. It really is the perfect image for an Eyes Wide Open challenge. Congratulations also on your win for the box! My gosh, that was INCREDIBLE looking.
    Happy beginning of the week. Hope there is lots of crafty time for you.
    hugs,
    Quirks

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello, sue! well, i, for one, am not surprised that you would have a go at a digi image and would do so with great gusto! you are not one to shy away from a challenge in any form, i think! you have done a wonderful job coloring this lovely little lady and adding in all your "sue" touches!! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling birthday card this is, any recipient would be so pleased to get this Sue, lovely centre image with beautiful vivid colours! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colouring, a wonderful make beautifully put together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely and demure, Sue, and a bit sultry, too, perhaps? Your coloring has her look stunning and shimmery!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your colourig is gorgeous, Sue! Love how you framed her too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sue,

    You did a great job with Poppy and the Sponsors are very pleased, so is the designer who drew Poppy!

    I found their facebook group this week, and we were mentioned there.

    Thanks for being a great Guest Designer at Quirky Crafts, and don't forget to join our new challenge.

    Hugs,
    Cazzy - on behalf of the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all, I'm sorry I missed that delightful Christmas box, with which you won the challenge! Congratulations---it's a beauty! And Poppy is a doll, so skillfully and artfully colored. Coloring with any medium is NOT my forte' and I tend to avoid the opportunity, as much as I would like to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, you have put a smile on my face :)