Nov 26, 2013

G45-12 days of Christmas Card.

Hello Everyone,
Two Posts in two days, which is very prodigious of me but 'House of Cards'  has their Colour/Inspiration Challenge which is of course Shabby chic/Vintage week and being on the Dt for this genre, I have a card to inspire you to participate.


The card Bg is the die-cut from Memory Box(Frostyville Border). Then layered up some embossed strips and stitched.


I used the spellbinders circle and the clock face was cut on the cricut.
Some fussy cutting of the Dove and Holly completes the focal  image of the card.


My embellishments are some bling for the berries and painted up buttons with twine.
The inspiration for the card was from this image:  I loved the colour palette, but I also wanted to create some movement as the Poppies look as if they dancing.
color nature
You will see more lovely cards over on the HOC blog and you can join in the Challenge too.
Atypical for me to provide you with two posts in two days.

Hope you are having a good day.
Smiles:)
Sue

8 comments:

craftnic said...

looks lovely

Rosemary said...

Another stunning example of shabby chic, Sue! All the details are just amazing!

Greta said...

Fabulous details like painting the buttons--gorgeous creation, Sue!

Lisa M said...

Your clock face is so symbolic for well wishing throughout the year and the peaceful dove is exquisite. I love this card design layout too! the stripes of material and texture that mingle with circular objects are so much fun to look at!
Beautiful work my friend.
I'm having such a blast catching up...I've missed you! LOL
Onward forward...

maria's knutselplezier said...

I love these Christmas card, very pretty design!!!

Greetings
Maria

Jac desordre said...

such a fantastic piece, love the stiching, love the bird, hell I love it all x

scrappymo! said...

This is one gorgeous card. I love the grunge/elegant/beautiful combined aspects of your card.
Your fussy cutting is perfect too!

butterfly said...

An absolute delight of a card, Sue - love the die-cut detailing and fabulous vivid colours!
Alison xx