Nov 18, 2013

A 'Delight'-ful card.

Hello everyone,
Monday morning here in New Zealand, and I am sharing another card that I have made with the Prima 'Delight' range, for Scottie Crafts.

What you are looking at here are the main elements that I have added to the card, as one of my blogger friends would say; 'Adding the Glamour.'   I love this discription as this is what I try to do with most of my creations.

Would you agree?

If you want a step by step on how I created this card, just click here.

Rob and I went away for the weekend to Whitianga on the Coromandel, a most beautiful peninsula here in NZ. We went on a boat trip to view the Volcanic Caves and were surprised and delighted to come upon a pod of killer Whales( Orcas) frolicking along the rocks, I was enthralled by them, they came right up to the boat and it was just magical.
If you ever have the chance to visit this country, do not pass it up.

Have a great week crafting,
Smiles:)
Sue 

12 comments:

Rita said...

Wow Sue, what a fabulous card. Glad you enjoyed your break. Hugs Rita xxx

Greta said...

Swoon!!! Oh how I love glamour & you do it to perfection, my friend! This is now my favorite of your cards! The Orcas migrate up & down the West coast & we were lucky enough to see 1 with her baby several years ago, but not a pod. I'm so jealous--what a great weekend! I'm working on hubby to put a NZ trip on our to do list.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a great mix of layer, colours and shapes...fab card Sue

Rosemary said...

your card is stunning, sue... the layered flower is beautiful as is all the additional "glamour"! your weekend trip sounds delightful!! hugs!

butterfly said...

That is utterly glorious - such a pretty colour palette, and that flower is simply stunning!

Definitely envious of your Orca trip...
Alison x

Brenda Brown said...

Love this beautiful card Sue, such a gorgeous colour palette and the glamour elements really are a delight. Oh how I wish I could have been on the trip with you seeing orcas, how wonderful that must have been, such a fantastic experience. Have a great week. (I am just going to bed it's still Sunday night here).
hugs {brenda} x0x

Evelyn S. said...

When I saw "Lord of the Rings," I knew I wanted to visit New Zealand, but I seriously doubt it will ever happen. As for your card, it is fabulous, Sue! That wonderful "peek" of paper under that diecut layer...beautiful embossing above the focal point!

Meihsia Liu said...

This card is totally gorgeous, Sue. The embossing, die cut, layers and color scheme are so stunning. Love your great design! :)

Dawn Turley said...

WOW Sue.. This is so beautiful. You are the master of making stunning cards such as this. All the amazing elements are perfect and I just love the colour scheme.

Astrid Maclean said...

Simply stunning Sue!!! Love that bird image and the way you have put the whole thing together looks amazing! Total vintage gorgeousness. Off to see the step by step....

Vada said...

Outstanding Card Sue!!! So sorry I'm soooo far behind, I've been looking for the dies you used on this card.. I'm hoping Sara has them track down now. Love everything about this card. Beautiful Sue.
Hugs Vada

Lisa M said...

If you sold this style of card, you wouldn't be able to keep it on the shelf. This is truly an elegant piece of classiness! Adding the glamour you most certainly did! if it could move, it would pirouette on a catwalk!!