Oct 1, 2013

Not Poppies!

Hello All
My little card today has been inspired from the inspirational pic at' House of Cards' Challenge (HOC), and my Dt piece for this 5th week can be made in any genre, but I seem to stick to what I love and am comfortable with which is Shabby, but this is not too Chic.
I made a similar card last year but in a Red palette, which looked like Poppies.... hence the title.


Although it is Springtime here in NZ, Autumn creations are everywhere  in Blogland and so this pic should encourage you to enter our Challenge this week HERE.


 http://blogs.mydevstaging.com/blogs/centsational-style/files/2012/09/autumn-branch-centerpiece-bhg.jpg

 The painted fabric is Calico or Muslin as some may know it as.
It is simply made by die-cutting three Circles in different sizes, cutting a stem and arranging on the card, the centre pieces are twine.
The rest of the card is pretty well explanatory. 

Have a great week.
Smiles:)
Sue



8 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

The simple shapes for these flowers give them an elegance that with changes of colours would enable them to be used for any season. They look beautiful on the textured background.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Suzi B said...

Gorgeous! I love the simple circle flowers and the textured background.
Suzi B xx

Dawn Turley said...

I remember your last years card... I love the colours of this one and the use of the textured background makes the flowers pop.

Greta said...

My jaw dropped when I saw this beauty! Love your work, as always, Sue!

Arlene said...

What fun! I totally connect with this!

Lisa M said...

This shape is truly versatile. It could represent trees or flowers or simply an abstract interpretation. The braille like background texture is fantastic along with your shabby lace element. All very beautiful Onion!! :)
hugs to you,
Quirks

Ira Huberts said...

What a splendid idea to create flowers and such pretty ones, too! Love he matching background as well! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Mynnette said...

Sue, this is SO cool!!! LOVE the colors and I adore the flowers you created--the lace and fiber anchor is amazing! HUGS and have a great weekend! :)