Oct 3, 2013

Christmas Baubles and Tin Foil.

Hello All, 
I love the technique of dripping Alcohol Inks on foil, the colours all run into each other to reveal wonderful and unique effects. On this card I diecut a frame from the foil after I backed it onto cardstock, I also decorated the baubles, fussy cutting parts to create dimension, and some glitter to give them sparkle.


My leaves are also die-cut and coloured up in distress inks, as I have explained in a previous post here ( in case you missed it).
Click on Pic to see more detail.

The Background is watercolour paper that has been lightly stamped using Tombow markers then huffing on the stamp before applying to the paper.


Takeaway

And
'Anything goes' as long as it's Christmas
at 

Please join my Facebook page


Thank so much for your visit, love that you did.
Smiles:)
Sue

15 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

beautiful Sue. your ornaments look amazing. So much texture.

Judy McCarthy said...

Love the frame technique.very pretty card.

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous tones and textures, the alcohol ink frame look wonderful with the beautiful Christmas baubles.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Barb said...

Wow! <----- I think I say that each time I visit - can't help it - this is amazing! That frame is absolutely gorgeous, Sue! And your ornaments look so beautiful! Once again, I want to touch this! Fantastic work, my friend! ♥

Evelyn S. said...

What a glorious, glittery card, Sue! Love that inked foil...must try it!

Hazel said...

What a luscious card - thanks for entering The Glory of Christmas 'Christmas baubles' challenge, Hazel, Glory of Christmas DT - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too. x

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous make Sue, so rich and christmassy, love it!! The effect of the alcohol inks looks fantastic!!

Lisa M said...

I am seriously in a fantastically happy place while I sit here and admire this phenomenal Christmas card. I just can't get over it (again) how much the paper looks like metal on those leaves and the foil with inking for baubles.....sensational. :D
I might be a wee bit partial as you are my friend, but honestly, in my most unbiased opinion...this is outstanding!!!!
hugs,
Quirks :)

JoAnn said...

Fabulous card. Beautiful ornaments. Love the metal look.

Greta said...

I have got to try again with my alcohol inks--I just get a mess, but your frame & ornaments are stunning! Gorgeous creation, Sue!

Hazel said...

Thanks for adding for my CHNC challenge extra for October - hope to see you again soon. x

Rosemary said...

absolutely gorgeous, sue!! the frame is stunning as are the Christmas balls... I am in awe of your creativity and talent! smiles!!

Tanja Zauberhaft said...

wow... what a great Christmasard - i love this style.
Thanks for entering The Glory of Christmas.
xxTanja

Ira Huberts said...

Wow Sue, you always know how to make such fine textures! Love the glitter and foil, very special Christmas card! Hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Evelyn S. said...

I thought I had left a comment on this post already! That is one beautiful frame surrounding another colorful, beautiful Christmas scene. I don't believe I've seen a frame die with those wonderful details.