Sep 25, 2013

Utterly Shabby and Vintage.

Hello Friends
For those who know me, you will not be surprised to see how I have designed this Christmas card, I do love Shabby chic and Vintage style in card making, many of my creations are made in this vein and for my next Dt card at Scotties  I used this Vintage Father Christmas from the Kaisercraft- St Nicholas Collection.
You can view these fabulous Papers on my post here at Scottie Crafts.



This is the first background piece, the Gold embossed paper unfortunately photographs Yellow.
The second Bg has stitching and a made up Shabby sentiment.

 

The flower was cut using theTim Holtz Tattered florals die.


Adding the necessary pearls and yes, it came together beautifully.
It is not for everyone this genre, but I love the tactile quality that the lace brings to this creation, I could never throw this card away, and it will not be sold but kept for a special person.


Thanks for the visit, I do appreciate your wonderful comments.
Smiles:)
Sue

12 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Sue this is sbsolutely beautiful ..fabulous image and gorgeous embellishments

Anne

Vada said...

Oh To Die For!!!
Sue this is just tooooo righ for words.. I love all the lace, but the small gold beads top everything off.
Absolutely Beautiful Sue.
Vada

Paper Profusion said...

Oh I LOVE this Sue! Nicola x

May said...

Gorgeous work Sue, Love it... I've popped up your ICAD swap on my blog It is Beautiful Thank you so much...Hugs May x x x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

What a lovely design! some beautiful layers and truly lovely lace. A great Vintage image too. Thanks for sharing.

Rosemary said...

you do vintage, shabby Christmas so very well, Sue... so many gorgeous details! smiles!!

Astrid Maclean said...

This is stunning Sue, LOVE IT!!!!!

Dawn Turley said...

stunning Sue. I am happy to see you getting back to your favourite genre. I love this look, but you know I struggle with it...but it is awesome to see what you do. Simply beautiful.

Greta said...

This card could be next to the definition of Sue--so totally you & how I love it!

Lisa M said...

I am in Christmas land bliss with the crispness of snowy colors reflecting off my smiling face and there he is, old st. nick beckoning me to be nice. It's a sensational piece of shabby artwork and your compilation of embellishments are pure gorgeousness. That flower is the bomb!!
Your trademark stitching is sensational.
I'm taking a little hiatus until December while we move and get situated, so I apologize for the lack of visits and writing. All is well enough, but I'm enjoying the reprieve to just sit back and take in everyone else's creative endeavors. Speaking of which; I'm off to your next one!!
Big hugs to you my friend,
Quirks :)

Evelyn S. said...

I love the shabby chic, but I realize that it is unlikely I could create anything like this! And the fact that you sew.... someday, I should really try it! Wonderful use of fabrics and laces, Sue!

inkypinkycraft said...

loved to see how the layers were built up, a fab make x thanks for joining us at Country View Crafts Challenge, hope to see you next month x trace x