Sep 8, 2013

A Twinchie Book.

Hello everyone,
I had some "Kaisercraft- the St Nicholas Collection" , paper to work with this week for my Scotties DT project, and it is full of little vintage images, which I thought was perfect to make a little flipbook for Scarlett this Christmas.


 
I have written a step-by-step tutorial for this project over on the Scotties blog here if you are  interested in how it was put together.
 Here are a few pictures to wet the appetite.


I decorated each pocket both sides.
 




It was quite fiddly to put together as I accumulated a number of 2 inch elements, and more than once some were misplaced for the book on my work desk to be recovered from the floor and other hidden areas, some I never found!
However it was a most enjoyable project to make, and I am sure Precious will love it.

Hope you all have a great week creating, and thanks for the visit.
Smiles :-)
Sue





16 comments:

Createology said...

I commend your dedication to making this fabulous tiny twinchie book. It is beautiful and a work of art. Creative Bliss...

Dawn Turley said...

Very sweet Sue. Such tiny pieces of art. The end result is worth the anguish of losing bits and pieces on the way.

Evelyn S. said...

Scarlett is going to have a beautiful collection by the time she grows up! I love all the little details in this fascinating "book."

Greta said...

Wowzer! This is an incredible project--so many gorgeous elements! Precious is one lucky little girl & I know she'll be so delighted with it!

Astrid Maclean said...

Great project and such a fab idea. Fantastic use for these little images, she will love it!

Stamps and Paper said...

Sue this is gorgeous and such a lovely idea...

Anne

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous booklet and beautifully made with wonderful Christmas images that evoke that wonderful time of the year. Love your designs Sue.
hugs {brenda} x0x

butterfly said...

An absolutely glorious tiny make! I love it... can well imagine it was fiddly, but SO worth it...
Alison x

Vada said...

OMGoodness what a Outsanding Flipbook! I'm sure Scarlett will love it! I also love the bg paper you made, plus the little box is to die for, Great Job Sue.
Hugs Vada

Lisa said...

Wow- what a treasure for your "precious"! I am certain she will love looking at and touching every piece. Fabulous, Sue!! :)

Lisa M said...

Oh that's just precious Onion! I would love to see a picture of her little hands holding it! That would really put the tininess into perspective too. Gorgeous make and good luck finding some of the missing pieces. I always wonder where they go....
hugs to you my friend,
Quirks

Rosemary said...

another simply stunning project, sue... your little Precious will absolutely adore it!!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Wow what an amazing result!

Ira Huberts said...

That is just amazing Sue!I can only imagine how fun it must be to flip through this beautiful Christmas book! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

brandy1 said...

Really lovely.I love to make mini books/albums as well but don't have a lot of knowledge for a lot of the skills required . Will pop over to look at the tutorial and see how I go.It truly is beautiful Sue.Haven't commented before even though i follow your blog but this is so lovely. Shirley

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such an amazing creation! Sue. All the images and details on each page are so beautiful! I've seen all your pages on Scotties and love them all. Thank you for this great eye candy! :)