Aug 22, 2013

Two ICAD's

Hello Everyone
Last month Astrid (Astrid Artistic Efforts) made some ICAD's and she asked if anyone would like to swap some, well there were 23 very interested followers of her that were, and I was one of them.... You may want to know what this Acronym stands for- Index Card A Day.
They are cards, 3 x 5 inches the size of an index card, and you can make them in what ever style you want.
My two recipients were Carol and May and they have received the two Icad's I sent them, so now I can post them up.


 The front of the folder and the inside of the folder.
The ICAD


Once again the front and the inside of the folder.

 ICAD No2.
They were such fun to make, I went Mixed media and as much texture as I could create, as this is what I like doing. The benefit in a swap such as this, is that I have met 4 more talented Bloggers.

Have a great day creating and have fun.
Smiles:)
Sue

15 comments:

Createology said...

Wow what a fun swap. Your details really make these ICAD's fabulous! I can imagine how beautiful they are in person. Creative Happy Hearts...

Brenda Brown said...

Wow Sue, these look amazing and how quickly you have got them finished and out. I am still mulling over ideas lol. Lucky Carol and May to have received such fabulous art.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh wow Sue, they look totally fab, love the whole mixed media feel of both the folders and the ICADs, they look fantastic and well done getting them out so quickly! (I better get my skates on). I bet Carol and May will have loved them!

Buttons said...

Gosh these are so fantastic Sue! You are giving the rest of us so much to live up to! I bet Carol and May will be thrilled to bits with these. Hugs, Jenny x

Dawn Turley said...

Great little cards Sue. they are full of so much texture.

Mary J said...

You are so good with mixed media Sue! When I try with it, it just looks like a mess!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Such a great swap...great creations Sue!

Joan said...

Wow, you have been quick, I'm still procrastinating over mine! Love the texture and colours you have used, sure the recipients love them

Joan

Evelyn S. said...

I hadn't heard of ICADs before this post! I'm not quite certain what each involves...I can see that you have pockets. Is that part of the description? Great creations as always, Sue!

Rosemary said...

fantastic set of cards, sue... love all the texture and "sue" touches!!

Lisa M said...

The greatest compliment I could think to give you on these ICADS is that I would LOVE to hold them. No doubt the two very lucky recipients of these are enjoying them thoroughly! I know the photos don't do them full justice, but just staring at them I am overjoyed at all your techniques, depth and texture on them both.
Beautiful work Onion!
Quirks :)

Greta said...

Oh how fabulous! Your skill at Mixed Media always inspires me, Sue!

Elly said...

I guess, we are getting a bit jealous on each other (:o) How beautiful they are and what a pitty...they don't fill my postbox...xoxo

Anita Houston said...

These are an absolute DREAM to look at! I'd love to see how you made them! I can see mounds of texture and sheen...just a wow! That butterfly is exceptional! Fabulous designs!
Thank you so much for your beautiful words of encouragement!!!!

Carol Woodley said...

Oh Sue, I can't tell you how much I love these little works of art. They are much nicer than the pictures show. I have put them on my blog, but I have no idea how to get to my blog so I hope someone can see them. Thanks again,
Carol.