Aug 2, 2013

HOC Shabby Chic

 Hello Friends


It's the fifth Monday of the month and it's our first photo inspiration + ANY CARD MAKING STYLE GOES challenge at House of Cards! (HOC)
My genre on this team is Shabby/Vintage so of course I provide the inspiration for you if you so choose to try out this style.

 If you do not like to work within this genre, then never fear our other teamies have samples for you on CAS, Cute/ Fun and Classic/Elegant, just pop over and have a peek.
                                                   
                                                        The inspiration Photo.
http://yourdecoratinghotline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/floral.bhg.orngwllprpss_Jazz7a.jpg
Although the photo is classic and has elegance, there is enough shabby/vintage qualities to work with, for example, the soft sheer curtain and the flowers. The wallpaper is a bit garish for a shabby chic theme and can be a difficult colour to work with but I managed to find a pattern paper that had soft qualities and texture. 


 I do love making frames out of the Spellbinders dies and adding a little interest to them, on this particular one I applied some crackle glaze, it dried off very fine, it is always hit and miss whether it works or not for me, this time it was okay.

 I cut a V shape in my background paper and tucked in some lace, the picture within the frame is from my stash, and the paper flowers and leaves  I tinted up  lightly using my finger and distress inks.
The obligatory stitching and some pearls to complete the look.
 

All four Design Teams have made creations and it is fascinating  to see how the different genres produce such amazing cards from one inspirational photo.
Would love you to join in.

Have a great weekend,
Smiles:)
Sue

19 comments:

Buttons said...

Loving this one Sue. Hugs, Jenny x

butterfly said...

Gorgeous inky background, and I love your floral frame.
Alison x

Barb said...

Oh, my! I can't decide what I love more - the beautiful background, the gorgeously framed image or your stunning flower! Fabulous mix of elements, Sue - sooo beautiful!

Astrid Maclean said...

As you probably know I love shabby and vintage, so your beautiful card is right up my street, wonderful background and great embellishments, love it!!

Laurart said...

Beautiful card Sue, I love it! crackle is the same for me too - bit hit and miss! All adds to the fun! Lots of love Laura xxxxxxxx

Tammy said...

Stunning creation Sue! I love that gorgeous frame and the fabulous touch of lace!
Tammy x

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Sue--breathtakingly beautiful card! The V with the lace behind is brilliant--never would have thought to do that! Every detail is perfect!

Ira Huberts said...

Such a lovely take on the challenge Sue. I love that V-slit with the lace behind it, gives it the look of a curtain, so pretty! Hugs, Ira x

Ira’s Crea Corner

Mynnette said...

This is SO lovely! I adore the layered flower and the beautiful patterned papers you used! And the stitching is just perfect! HUGS and hope you have a great weekend! :)

Nancy Seed said...

Very nicely done Sue. This card gives a warm feeling just looking at it.

Dawn Turley said...

Sue... This team is PERFECT for you and this card is so beautiful. This is YOU are your BEST. You've done a beautiful inspiration card ~ the background has just the right amount of colour to pick up the wallpaper in the photo and love your frame and flower.

Rita said...

Hi Sue, I love your take on this beautiful card. Your such an inspiration to many of us that love vintage and shabby chic. Hugs Rita xxx

Evelyn S. said...

I love the color layer...and that frame and flower are fabulous, Sue!

Brenda Brown said...

Beautifully shabby Sue and I love your interpretation of the photo.
Hugs Brenda xox

Ruth M said...

Beautiful, just SO beautiful Sue! I love your attention to detail and the perfect accents! Ruth x

Jules occasionally vintage said...

Really pretty card. Love the background paper finished with the stitching ! ;)

Mary J said...

Wow, this is so stunning, Sue! Gorgeous richness, love the flower and the fab frame too!

Mary J said...

Wow, this is so stunning, Sue! Gorgeous richness, love the flower and the fab frame too!

Anita Houston said...

So so so gorgeous! Love the multi colored inky water marked background!