Aug 12, 2013

A Vintage Box.

Good Morning,


Another week and another designer creation for Scottie Crafts my local stamp shop  here in NZ, hopefully some inspiration as well to get your juices flowing.

First though, please accept my appreciation for supporting me last week with my first project and taking the time to hop across to the Scotties Blog and leaving a comment, you all made my day and I know the team at the shop would have been thrilled with the feedback...so Thank You.
Now, let me take you through my altered box.
And like many of you I was so eager to start painting that I forgot to take a picture of it before the paint went on!!!!!!!!!!
It was a plain paper mache box.

This is the inside lid, with two coats of Acrylic- Raw umber and Gold metallics.
It might look messy but it did not matter as most would be covered. Why paint it then you may ask, yes well, what can I say other than I like getting messy and paper does not satisfy the need!


And here finished with wonderful elements.

Top of Lid 


The finished Box.
The Turquoise  script  is a paper napkin mod-podged on.


Do you want more pictures and details on how I made this then  hop across to Scotties HERE.
 Do have a great week wherever you are.
Smiles:)
Sue

16 comments:

Rita said...

Looks absolutely divine Susan. It just shows that boxes don't have to be plain. Brilliant Creation. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xxxxx

Greta said...

Your wonderful artistic eye & abilities shine with this gorgeous creation, Sue!

Buttons said...

Such a special box Sue. Love the mix of textures on it. Hopping over to see more. Hugs, Jenny x

Brenda Brown said...

Stunning work Sue, I just love the effects and finished product.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Dawn Turley said...

what an amazing box Sue. The way you've added all the wonderful textures is inspiring. Inside is as amazing as the outside.

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh loving your box Sue, both the inside and the outside look fantastic!! Great textures and I just adore how you have altered that Tim Holtz frame thingy (forgot what they are called). A really gorgeous make!!

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow.... what a gorgeous box, Sue. Those embellishments and textures on the background of the top are stunning! The inside piece is amazingly beautiful with all those fantastic elements. Thank you for sharing. :)

Rosemary said...

wow... what a gorgeous box, sue!! so many amazing details... love it!

butterfly said...

Ooh, yum - fabulous colours and brilliant composition of the elements on the lid - love the patina on that altered bookplate. Gorgeous little scene inside too!
Alison x

walchowDesign said...

Wonderful artistic box, Sue! As always, you have great eye for details!

Lisa said...

This is such a work of art! WOW! It has so much fabulous texture I want to TOUCH it!!!
Great new blog look too btw!

Lisa M said...

If drool were considered the highest form of flattery, then my gosh....you've been complimented immensely from me!!! This is stunning Onion. I'm off to read the rest....
HUGS!!!!
Q

Lisa M said...

Oh crud...I meant to also tell you that I LOVE the new look of your blog too. :)

Mary J said...

Brilliant, Sue! Totally love the embossing and the colours!

Thx for your email! I'm having probs with it so just wanted to let you know that I wasn't ignoring it, lol!!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Amazing result Sue...so many nice details...a great box!

kind regards, Alie :-)

Elly said...

Just....stunning!! (:o)