Jul 16, 2013

Can I touch the Fish???

Hello friends

This week Nicole (my daughter) handed me a myriad of photos of Scarlett (Grand-daughter), they arrive at regular intervals for me to add to her scrapbook, I have been remiss in completing any pages of late, so when I added these latest ones to my pile I have to confess I was feeling a tad guilty!

It is a different mindset to create a scrapbook page, as opposed to designing cards etc. I like to add elements that connect with what I am seeing in the photo, I thought these two were great.

You probably thought the title of my post a little obscure, but when you see the page it will all make sense.

Scarlett always likes to touch the fish.


I first made a stencil from the TH  decorative strip-cobblestone and made my Bg using victoria velvet and weathered wood distress inks, I also diecut strips of scallops from this to represent the scales of the fish.

Dad loves to go fishing and this is a rather large Snapper that he has caught off the coast of NZ. 


A shell, gauze and lace are the elements I included for texture.
Her reaction to the feel of the skin is priceless.

Smiles:)
Sue

12 comments:

Barb said...

Fantastic layout, Sue! And you are so right - that reaction really is priceless! Darling photos! Love all the pretty soft colors you've used, and, as always, wonderful texture!

Dawn Turley said...

fabulous LO Sue. Love the face Scarlett is pulling and you have made an amazing background to highlight these photos.

Brenda Brown said...

The background and elements you have included Sue are perfect for the fishy theme and Scarlett is beautiful, such a sweetie and obviously full of fun. Love this layout.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

The pictures show so much fun...as well as your pages Susan!

kind regards, Alie :-)

Astrid Maclean said...

What a wonderful LO Sue, love how you matched the elements to those gorgeous photos! Scarlett looks so sweet and fun loving! Fantastic creation!!

Ira Huberts said...

Oh I just love the look on your granddaughter's face Sue, so spontaneous! What a great way to capture this special moment between father and daughter, a lovely LO this is! Hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Meihsia Liu said...

What a fun layout! Sue. I love the the beautiful elements you added on this layout. And your granddaughter is soooooo cute in these photos. :)

Lisa said...

Catching moments like these is so much fun and being able to look back on it in the years that follow is even better!! Fabby page, Sue- love all your details :)

Greta said...

What a lucky little girl to have a scrapbook made by such a talented grammy! This is a treasure, Sue, as are the priceless photos!

Sarah Punnett said...

Susan - Hi Sarah Punnett here. Congratulations on getting on the Scotties design team - very proud of you. Your scrapping looks amazing these days. Hope you are well
take care sarah

Tracy said...

Hi Susan, just popped in to look through your lovely blog. Love meeting all the new DT girls.Looking forward to getting to know you better at Scotties crafts
Hugs
Tracy

Louise - PunknScrap said...

Gorgeous layout Sue, I love the pretty pink and texture. Excited to be on the Scotties DT with you :)