Apr 26, 2013

A little bit of magic...

Hello Everyone
I am back from a wonderful 10days on the Gold Coast Australia, the break from the usual routine has certainly rejuvenated and revitalised my thoughts and body.
Spending relaxing days with dearest one by the pool at the Sheraton Mirage and using the plastic for therapy has been rather pleasant to say the least.
Sometimes it is beneficial to step back and stop, walk away from the paints, brushes, papers and scissors, and change the routine for a spell.

So I suggest you sit back and scroll down to enjoy the tutorial I have for you today.
The transformation that takes place with this technique is magical and always brings a smile to my face. I hope it does the same for you.

First choose colours of Twinkling H20's and some stitched paper, this one as you can see is a yucky Brown  (there is obviously a name for this type of paper but I do not know what it is.)
 Using the water brush proceed to paint the paper.
 Mixing up your paints on the paper until it is covered.
Just like this.
Add some Gold paint.
And blend.

Add additional stitching.

Choose your embellishments and alter, this is Kwik Mesh.
I just used the same hues with my oil pastels. 
Dry emboss and ink (distress stains) up the corded frame.
Add a dyed ribbon, cut up some card stock in strips and glue in a row for some dimension and interest.
And here is the completed card.

You would never imagine it could look so different.

I would like to enter this card into
 Rhedd and Rosie Challenge Stitching (Real or Faux).

I hope to catch up with you this week and see what you have been creating in my absence. 

Smiles:)
Sue






16 comments:

Judy McCarthy said...

Some really lovely colours and textures here.

Evelyn S. said...

Welcome back, Sue! So happy you had a wonderful, relaxing break! As for your tutorial---it's fascinating. I do love the colorful result, although I don't see myself stitching yet. (I think I told you once that I bought a machine two years ago just for crafting and it's still in the box.) I love my Twinks...all 150 of them...but I rarely use them.

Brenda Brown said...

Glad you have enjoyed a wonderful break, sounds idyllic. Great tutorial, thanks for sharing. I love the rich colour and textures you created and the additional stitching looks fabulous.
Hugs Brenda xox

Zoe said...

Wow a lot of work gone into this fabulous piece, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

Dawn Turley said...

Welcome back Sue. What a delightful project you've created today. The texture and colours are incredible. This is a "Sue at her best" card.

Moira Gray said...

I do like this technique, im impressed. Love the colours used.

Thank you for joining us at Rhedd & Rosie Challenge Blog.
Hope we see your work again.

Moira DT xx

butterfly said...

Wow... what a difference you made to that dull brown paper - stunning make! Glad to hear you had a wonderful holiday...
Alison x

Mary J said...

OMG, that is stunning, Sue! I love how you've taken us through the process!

Ira Huberts said...

Wow Sue, you are soooooooo creative! Love how you used so many materials on your beautiful creation, and those fine blue/purple shades are truly exquisite!! Love it! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Meihsia Liu said...

Oh... Sue, your card is totally awesome! The texture is amazing. Love the gorgeous colors, too. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful creation. ^_^

Rosemary said...

hello sue!! I had wondered where you had gotten to... sounds like you had an absolutely lovely time! your project is another little mini masterpiece of texture and detail!

Greta said...

Hi Sue--I've been thinking about you & hoping you were having a marvelous vacation. The rest (& spending time with your dearest must have done you good as you've created a masterpiece! Of course, that's nothing new for you. Love seeing your work again, my friend!

Lisa M said...

The texture of the brown reminded me of a paper grocery sack. That swirly twirly sewing is fantastic!!! The metamorphosis of all these elements in your tutorial are beyond words. Just sensational how you transform anything!
Hugs to you,
Q

Tina said...

fantastic card , and fab tutorial , will be having a go at this myself thank you. Thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosies . Hugs Tina x ( DT member ) xx

Tina said...

fantastic card , and fab tutorial , will be having a go at this myself thank you. Thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosies . Hugs Tina x ( DT member ) xx

Anne Bente said...

Hvor er det bare flot ♥

100000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring.

knuzzz♥