Mar 14, 2013

Shabby-Chic Frame

Hello Everyone.
My eldest daughter Nicole (Mum of Precious) married 7 years ago and I had a framed photo of her with younger sister. It was in a plain White frame and boring, so I had the brilliant idea to pretty it up and make it more special. I forgot to take a photo of the original frame, probably because I was too excited about decorating it.
But this is it finished.
There is a mix of flowers from hand-made to prima, I added lace, mesh, tulle and pearls, then attacked it liberally with Dylusions and White Acrylic paint.
There are a few hearts, leaves and a feather tucked in for some interest and texture.
In the top corner, a butterfly, metal key, hearts and a spring.

I am entering this into Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge-Chic to be Shabby. 
Thanks for looking.
Smiles:)
Sue
 

12 comments:

Barb said...

WOW!! That frame is AMAZING, Sue! It's made the beautiful photo of your daughters even more special! Gorgeous work, as always! :)

Brenda Brown said...

This is a truly beautiful frame Sue. The colours are exciting and vivid and the flowers fit the theme perfectly, but it's the textures and design that draw me in. I am sure your altered frame has made such a difference to the gorgeous photo of your girls.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Mary J said...

OMG, that is stunning Sue! You can tell you lovingly made this! It must have taken you hours to do to get the details so perfect!

Dawn Turley said...

what a stunner Sue. I can imagine the fun you must have had decorating this frame. I really love the flowers and all the texture.

Ira Huberts said...

A magnificently altered frame Sue, you have turned it into something really artistic! Hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Jann said...

Beautiful!

Rosemary said...

wow, wow, WOW!!! your altered frame is STUNNING, sue!! but not quite as stunning as your GORGEOUS girls!!

Lisa M said...

That is the most beautiful picture all by its lonesome, but what you've done to make the photo even more captivating is beyond gorgeous. Your frame upgrade is SENSATIONAL!! This is such a a fabulous piece of artwork and really makes the moment even more magical. Fantastic work Onion!
hugs,
Q

Tracey said...

Sue this is absolutely one of the prettiest frames I have ever seen!!! Gorgeous ladies and flowers too :) Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show :)

Greta said...

Don't know how I missed this post--jaw hit the floor when I saw this! You are such an artist, Sue--gorgeous colors & combination of elements--blows me away!

walchowDesign said...

Stunning piece of work, Sue! This frame is priceless and make it even special with the photo of your lovely daughters!

Kailash said...

Wow, absolutely gorgeous keepsake!!