Mar 23, 2013

Music and Kraft Card

Hello Everyone,
Do I have a story to tell you this week, it starts off like this....
Rob (dearest one) states  "I am  just clinging on to life here, I have toothache, earache, headache, and I am in a state of rapid decline....  !!!!!" He did continue in this vein for awhile but I think you have the message.
So I sent him to the dentist; diagnosis sinusitis, he came home with Analgesics and Antibiotics two days later and there is little improvement, clinging has been replaced by death bed,  so off to the Dr next,
he says,
'The Dentist gave you the wrong Antibiotics, you need these ones'.
Two days pass.... still no relief, Rob thinks he should be in his coffin at this stage...." it's my tooth" he says, so back to the Dentist,  he returns minus one tooth (extracted), now he cannot eat or drink his coffee.... I don't have to explain to you coffee drinkers what the fallout is when the caffeine is suddenly withdrawn, G.R.U.M.P.Y. ++++ as we nurses would say. The death bed is far from his thoughts now, it is purgatory he has entered and Pluto is having his day.
I encountered and endure believing time will do it's bit, but he does not improve, I am concerned (a little), I suggest he returns to the Doctor.
At this stage I just want my old Rob back, as this one lying prone on the bed is not a pleasant sight.
Back to the Doctor... A new diagnosis and this one seems to be the logical cause to all his pain.... TMJ or Trans Mandibular Joint Pain, most likely caused by stress, and probably due to his Dad passing away suddenly late last year.
Treatment, more pills and patience, the latter is alien to my dearest one, but I have enough for the two of us.
Not a great week, but worse for Rob.
This week will be better.

And here we are, another Saturday and that means another Challenge at Our Creative Corner;   My Challenge I have set is an easy one:
" Music and Kraft".
I have used Spellbinders Die-cuts, layering them up and stamping music on one of them, and different stamps on the others.
The butterfly is Memory Box ( a gift-thanks Rosie) I threaded some beads for the body.
Added some music ribbon, and attached it all onto a Kraft card.
If you are inspired with this theme, then share your creation with us this week, we would love to see your interpretation.
You of course can see more creations from my teamies here.

Thanks for your wonderful comments, it is always appreciated.
Smiles:)
Sue

15 comments:

Rita said...

Good Morning Sue. You certainly made me giggle with your story about poor Rob, I have much the same problem here too. Thank goodness for my own crafty haven at times. Anyway, I love your creation and that butterfly is a must for me. Hope you have a better day as well as your patient. xx
Hugs from Scotland. Rita xxxx

Lisa said...

Sue, this is gorgeous! That layered butterfly is so pretty and I love the musical note ribbon! It's a simpler card than you usually make which I like! but you still have maintained all the wonderful layers and textures you are famous for :)
Hope your hubby is on the upswing- poor guy!! XX Have a lovely weekend!

Lisa M said...

I feel rather bad for giggling, but your stories are always the best reads and with your wonderful sense of humor mixed with 'empathy'...I was rolling! Poor Rob, I do hope he's mending now and finds his way back to the coffee pot. If anything, that HAS to be horrible not having the daily requirements of caffeine!
I am so excited about your latest challenge as I can't wait to try a new technique out on Kraft. A visually stunning piece you've created here Onion and I love the sight of the butterfly..I am READY for Spring without snow. :)
hugs to you,
Q

Barb said...

Awww, poor Rob! I swear, men add such drama when they aren't feeling well! I loved reading all about it - you are so funny. Although I do realize it's not a funny situation. I hope he feels better very soon, for both your sakes! Hang in there, Sue!

Love your gorgeous card! The layering on the doily is fabulous! Love the colors and texture too!

Greta said...

Don't tell Rob I'm chuckling, but my hubby would completely relate with the "no caffeine grumpy!" Seriously, hope he is back to his old self very soon. I know I've said this before, but this is my favorite card you've ever made--LOVE everything you did: how it's put together, every element, the colors--stunning! Will certainly try to get an entry made this week--fabulous challenge theme!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love to read the story...^_^ and your card is just beautiful, Sue. The layers are pretty and the butterfly is just fantastic! Thank you for these two challenges you host @OCC. I have so much fun! :)

Mary J said...

Poor Rob :( I hope this is a better week for him and for you!

Your card is so pretty, Sue! Love the laying and how you did the butterfly body!

Rosemary said...

oh sue!! your poor rob (and poor you!!)!! I hope that things are better for him this coming week. nothing like a man in pain... it is definitely a pain, lol!!! anywhoo... your card is gorgeous. love the butterfly's beaded body and of course, all the lovely layers!

Paper Profusion said...

Hi Sue - I love your card with that especially beautiful butterfly. Sorry about Rob - maybe send him to a cranial osteopath who could loosen up all the compacted TMJ region? Hope next week is better for Rob and you! Nicola x

Dawn Turley said...

Poor Rob... sounds like Sue's sympathy has run out!!! Hope he is feeling better. This lovely late summer weather should help. Your card today is awesome. Love the blue with the craft. An easier challenge than last weeks. So might even get time to have a play

Deb Ochs-LaGrone said...

Fabulous card! Love all the die cuts and what a great way to make the body of your butterfly! The whole thing just turned out stunning!
~Deb~
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes

Ira Huberts said...

Gosh what a week it's been for both of you Sue! I have to admit I had to laugh, for your story was sotarhilarious, but towards the end I started feeling really sorry for your DH... Hope he's on the mend soon! Love your butterfly creation, most adorable! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

walchowDesign said...

Sorry about Rob and hope he can get his caffeine back in no time.

Lovely card with all the layering and love how you added the beads onto the butterfly!

Evelyn S. said...

First...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the blue and the delicate die-cuts. I've taken your challenge with three rather simple cards of my own! (I do hope that Rob survives all this. ;-) More than once, I've heard of sinus and tooth problems being confused.)

Lili said...

Gorgeous card Sue! I absolutely love all the layers and details.
I am going to miss you a lot.
Take care my friend
Hugs ;)