Mar 9, 2013

Distress Stains plus Dylusions creates texture.

Hello All
Once again I have a card that has wonderful texture, and I have created it by using Dylusions Inks and Distress stains, I used the metallic stains; Bronze and Brass on the Bg embossed layer. And on the top layer I used dylusions, Vibrant Turquoise, London Blue and Bubblegum Pink.
  Our Creative Corner Inspiration Challenge and include some metal. 
Our Hostess again this week is Meihsia.


My Flower is made from Metal and I have altered it with distress paints, then sanded back ever so lightly,  for a change, instead of ribbon I added the Hero Arts twine to create the movement. I was debating with myself whether to add a sentiment as there is so much negative space and it was doing my head in big time! I was resolute though and left it, but .... there is always a but....I think it looks unfinished, I have a strong feeling that I maybe adding to this card in the future.
The shimmer has been created by spritzing Biscotti Perfect Pearls over the top.

If you would like to join us this week, then pop over to the OCC blog here,  and browse through my fellow teamies samples and be inspired by their creations.

Thanks for looking, I appreciate your visit and your wonderful comments, have a great weekend.
Smiles:)
Sue

13 comments:

Mary J said...

Oh that is luscious Sue! Gorgeous shimmer and fab depth!

butterfly said...

Wow... I think the two embossed panels are magical - such shimmer and beauty in those blended colours, and the flower looks wonderful!
Alison x

Rita said...

How Fabulous Sue. The colours are so vibrant and the textures are wonderful. I love it. Hugs Rita xx

Lisa M said...

I can't stop looking at this! The design just keeps pulling me in..it's truly, truly beautiful!! I tried to analyze how you designed the card around the inspiration image and it looks like you represented it by pulling out the layers of color you see when looking at the jar. White candle, white card base, then the rustic color coming through and then the exterior prominent color. Flower center to represent the gems. Either way, you nailed this and it's in my TOP favorites. Your metal flower is so unbelievably fantastic.
Gorgeous card Onion and I don't know, I think it looks completed just the way it is. LOVE IT!!
hugs,
Quirks

Meihsia Liu said...

What a stunning card, Sue. All the texture and embellishments are amazingly beautiful. I especially love the metal flower, it's simply gorgeous! Have a great weekend! ^_^

Rosemary said...

you never cease to amaze me with your talent!! this card is beyond stunning... i'm at a total loss for words! you are a genius!!

Greta said...

You are such an artist, Sue! This is stunningly beautiful! I don't know where you could put a sentiment--it'd be a shame to cover any of this, but if you do, I know it will work! Have to tell you--I now own 3 Distress Stains & the Tattered Florals die--thanks to you, my friend--couldn't resist 1/2 off! Now I just have to figure out how to use them!

Dawn Turley said...

Another awesome creation Sue. I can imagine though you would love to have given texture to the white spaces! I think it looks fabulous just the way it is.

Brenda Brown said...

Truly inspirational Sue. I want to hold this in my hand and to feel those amazing textures.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Ira Huberts said...

That is oh so pretty Sue, wow, what a fab colour explosion and I love all those textures, there's so much depth in your creation! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

walchowDesign said...

This is a piece of art, Sue! There are so much artistic work (real artist)involved here.

Sharon said...

Sue, I am always in awe over your creations and again this week I'm loving your card! I love the texture and the inking of your metal blossom. Quite beautiful! I have to agree that I'm not a fan of negative space. But, your focal panel is the star of this show! Bravo!
Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Sharon w

Lili said...

Gorgeous Sue! Love the colors you used and everything you did on that card. You are an artist.
Hugs;)